Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Heartburn...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Heartburn...

    Seems during this last month of pregnancy my heartburn has gone from bad but tolerable to even worse I've tried drinking milk, TUMS, sleeping on my left side (which all help some) .... any other remedies or cures that you've tried that help? BESIDES labor =) I have tried avoiding certain foods but it seems like almost everything now gives me heartburn.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    They prescribed a pill called Protonix for my wife who had bad acid reflux before pregnancy but eventually got even worse as the pregnancy went on. I think that is the name, I will call her and see what she did for hers because I know it was really bad.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    I'd appreciate it... now is the time where we go every week so I'm going to ask Vest for something b/c I really dread eating b/c I know how much pain I'm going to be in afterwards. Sleep is my only relief and even then I'm getting up drinking milk probably every 4 hours to be able to sleep.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    If you prop yourself up a lil when u lay down to keep your head and shoulders elevated, it'll help some too. Those chewable pepcid tablets work wonders as well.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    I was prescribed Prilosec for my Acid Reflux. Sounds to me you really need to see your doctor about it.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Heartburn...

    Skip the milk- latic acid when it breaks down. Just makes things worse. Being you are two, [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I'd talk to a doctor. Many ins companies have a help line, yours might , where you can get some quick advice if you don't want to wait.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    You can try the wellmont ask-a-nurse and see what advice they give until you see your doctor.

    1-877-230-NURSE

    I'm reading that not drinking a lot of fluids with meals can help a bit.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member USA Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2008
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heartburn...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GatorGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems during this last month of pregnancy my heartburn has gone from bad but tolerable to even worse I've tried drinking milk, TUMS, sleeping on my left side (which all help some) .... any other remedies or cures that you've tried that help? BESIDES labor =) I have tried avoiding certain foods but it seems like almost everything now gives me heartburn. </div></div>

    Alka-Seltzer to the rescue.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •