Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

says shipment will be Dec 12th 2010
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking very seriously about switching to Verizon too but wonder if I can get out of my contract right now at Alltel. I have about 5 months left on it and I thought ATT was going to let you out of the contract but wasn't sure if I could do it now or if I have to wait until everything is finalized. Anyone know for certain?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what I gather after the switch happens you have 30 days to get out of your contract for free. After the 30 days, however, the ETF would apply.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

e081da15
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got my e-mail notification today to pick out my new phone. Have a delivery confirmation date of December 4th. The confirmation also said that I would receive the date of the switch over with my phone. So I guess that still puts the date to start using around the middle of December. BTW, I opted out of my Alltel contract and signed up for AT&T and got the new 4G I-phone. Actually my monthly bill is going to be a lot cheaper than with Alltel and it is basically the same plan type. Had to pay extra for the I-phone as it wasn't part of the list of free phones they were offering. There is also no word yet on the Wi-Fi internet cards yet. That is to come later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    e081da15
    I have my glasses and bi-focals on and still can't read that. Guess I need new ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I tried to look up a compatible AT&T plan for what my Alltel is now my total monthly bill before taxes is around $115. My Alltel bill right now is around $90 before taxes and with AT&T I don't qualify for their A-list with that plan and 95% of my minutes used right now are My Circle. I may could have trimmed some things off the AT&T bill and made it close to what I am paying now, but why would I when I can keep the Alltel plan? I'm gonna stick with my Alltel plan for as long as they will let me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 3 phones on mine 2 are the smart phones and one regular phone and internet card. My monthly alltel bill ran 240 a month. With AT&T it is 149 a month with the three phones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I have 3 phones on mine 2 are the smart phones and one regular phone and internet card. My monthly alltel bill ran 240 a month. With AT&T it is 149 a month with the three phones.
    I am in your boat c-dawg, I have 2 smartphones and 1 regular on my plan right now with alltel and my bill is 210 per month. With the new plan from ATT it shows my bill being 135 per month. I'm stoked

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If thats how it works out for you UTV let me know. As soon as my contracts up, provided coverage is good, I will ditch verizon then.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08