Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    If thats how it works out for you UTV let me know. As soon as my contracts up, provided coverage is good, I will ditch verizon then.
    Will do. My only concern is the data usage. I put the 2GB Data Plan for my iPhone 4 which I think will be plenty considering I can also utilize wi-fi when in range which most places it will be, guess we will see.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unless you do a lot of tethering off of it I would think you should be fine.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    I am in your boat c-dawg, I have 2 smartphones and 1 regular on my plan right now with alltel and my bill is 210 per month. With the new plan from ATT it shows my bill being 135 per month. I'm stoked

I didn't look at doing the upgrade from 2 regular phones but just looking at ATT website the past few months the best I could come up with for just 2 smartphones was around $150-160/month.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went in and looked around for upgrades last night.
    Looks like I can keep the equivalent of my current plan for a few bucks less than what I'm paying with Alltel now (no smart phones, just 700 minutes, 1000 texts).

I could upgrade to one smart phone and one regular phone for just a little more than what we're paying now.

Glad to see we can lock in rates when the phone choices are made.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received the 'packet' to choose a new phone today... I'm sure most everyone else did also. My question is,, I was offered 3 different phone options and going on line several more options. I basically use my phone just as a phone,,no texting etc..But some of the free phones I was offered has all the bells and whistles,, but can't tell from what I've read so far, by choosing one of these phones if I still pay my current monthly charge or will ATT automatically upgrade my plan with the 'bells and whistles' phone. Has anyone else had time to research all the options yet??
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I did ours online it gave the option to keep your current plan or 3 or 4 options for a new AT&T plan. So don't think they'd automatically upgrade your plan.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From my understanding if you currently just have a regular phone then all they are offering you for free are regular phones. Just because you get a phone with the qwerty keyboard or something like that doesn't mean they will automatically upgrade your plan. You should be okay if you select any of the free phone options they give you. If by some reason they messed up on your selection process, stay away from the phones HTC Aria, Blackberry Curve, and Palm Pre Plus. You shouldn't have the option to select these since you currently are not on a smart phone plan, but if you do have the option, don't choose them. The rest of the phones should be free for you to choose with no changes to your plan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got my packet and called in about it to seeif upgrading to I-phone to go now or wait, currently have a BB curve so I get that free. I asked about I-phone upgrade, rep told me take the free phone as it is mine, I have 30 days to decide to upgrade or opt-out and go with Verizon as he said that's who he has (guy was in the Lebanon center, I asked) if I upgrade to the I-phone then I keep the BB as a backup, you don't turn these in when you upgrade it's yours to do with as you please with you own it. He said you can switch the SIM card and use BB at work or whatever and then swap to I-phone when you come home, as it doesn't affect you plan, phone won't work without the SIM card and same plan applies to each SIM card.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could you take the free phone then upgrade to another phone and sell the free one? It should sell well if you upgrade soon after you get it.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sat_morning_QB View Post
    I got my packet and called in about it to seeif upgrading to I-phone to go now or wait, currently have a BB curve so I get that free. I asked about I-phone upgrade, rep told me take the free phone as it is mine, I have 30 days to decide to upgrade or opt-out and go with Verizon as he said that's who he has (guy was in the Lebanon center, I asked) if I upgrade to the I-phone then I keep the BB as a backup, you don't turn these in when you upgrade it's yours to do with as you please with you own it. He said you can switch the SIM card and use BB at work or whatever and then swap to I-phone when you come home, as it doesn't affect you plan, phone won't work without the SIM card and same plan applies to each SIM card.
    That guy told you wrong about changing the sim card, the operating system requirements are totally different and will not work. Check with another representative.