Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member luvthosevols's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Election

    Anyone heard how the turn out was today?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member basketballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    I went at 1215 today and was number 99.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    I don't know how the turnout was, haven't got any calls, but looked like it was "okay" in Coeburn - I was 126 and that was around 3 I believe. But these precincts have been flooded with people from SP, Appy and Pound standing outside...even though they can't even vote for Powers. I know there were around 8 Appy people at Wise Co. Christian School and there was a crowd just as large of Pound people in front of Coeburn's, lovely how they injected themselves into it. Curious to see how the negative "ads" have worked for Powers, rare to see that on a local level like that, but he managed to take some shots at Greear...pitiful.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    Well polls are closed now, shouldn't be long from now to hear the results, really hope District 4 made the right choice.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    So far : Powers carried the South Coeburn Precinct 262 votes to Greears 211. Not looking good, because he's going to lose big in SP.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    Yup, get's killed in SP, 370 to 13.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    Well, at least we can say now that there are now 8 elected officials on the SB now. Don't know how to take that, since the whole thing is a clusterf##k now.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I don't know how the turnout was, haven't got any calls, but looked like it was "okay" in Coeburn - I was 126 and that was around 3 I believe. But these precincts have been flooded with people from SP, Appy and Pound standing outside...even though they can't even vote for Powers. I know there were around 8 Appy people at Wise Co. Christian School and there was a crowd just as large of Pound people in front of Coeburn's, lovely how they injected themselves into it. Curious to see how the negative "ads" have worked for Powers, rare to see that on a local level like that, but he managed to take some shots at Greear...pitiful.
    I loved the Step 1 - Close 3, Step 2 - Close Coeburn signs. :laffingassoff:

    I'm just glad I wasn't at home last week when Powers came through the neighborhood campaigning. He did litter on my porch by leaving campaign materials.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •