Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: School Board meeting 5/9..

Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    since Ted and his gang knew they were going to lose the special election they had to put in a tie breaker which they had no right to do.
    Wrong. Might want to go take a look at the Code of VA, they had every right to and it would have been insane not to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Wrong. Might want to go take a look at the Code of VA, they had every right to and it would have been insane not to.
    Doesn't matter what the code says..the move was dirty. Maybe if they hadn't rushed it and voted after Powers was seated, it would have been legit. BUT they tried to hurry it with an appointed board member who wasn't even voted in by the people. They deserve to be in this mess because of their tactics. Hell, we don't even know what the majority of the county residents want..and they are the ones that have to foot the bill. Time for a county wide referendum..whether it's legally binding or not.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It should have been done at the beginning of the year, when asked about it Ted said a tie vote is a dead vote and NO tie breaker is needed. When Ted and his gang saw they were going to lose the election they changed the rules in the middle of the game. All I have to say about it is file more lawsuits and put them on the stand and let the courts decide.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From the Coalfield Progress on FB:
    The Wise County School Board failed to meet tonight because four members - Betty Cornett, Mark Hutchinson, Rocky Cantrell and Jess Powers - were absent. An emergency meeting has been set for noon tomorrow (Wednesday) at the Education Center on Lake Street in Wise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry that was so big LOL!.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Doesn't matter what the code says..the move was dirty. Maybe if they hadn't rushed it and voted after Powers was seated, it would have been legit. BUT they tried to hurry it with an appointed board member who wasn't even voted in by the people. They deserve to be in this mess because of their tactics. Hell, we don't even know what the majority of the county residents want..and they are the ones that have to foot the bill. Time for a county wide referendum..whether it's legally binding or not.
    It actually does matter and it wasn't dirty, everything was done in front of the public and anyone who was of age and not a felon could have applied btw. How would they vote after he was seated? Be in a 4-4 gridlock on avoiding a gridlock? Greear replaced Perry and Perry had the exact same positions as him, so the problem is where? Powers got elected and won by what 100 votes with only a fraction of the normal voters voting in the election? SP showed it, it wasn't some referendum, I'll be good money the lose that same seat in a few months. No the county doesn't deserve this, how anyone could use that rationale is beyond me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And that's right, the 4 anti's canceled their meeting and didn't show again. The meeting at noon tomorrow will be at the normal place in wise, it will be on consent agenda and the budget I believe plus to set a public hearing, so they should be there. Powers was at St. Paul Highschool btw during the meeting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    It actually does matter and it wasn't dirty, everything was done in front of the public and anyone who was of age and not a felon could have applied btw. How would they vote after he was seated? Be in a 4-4 gridlock on avoiding a gridlock? Greear replaced Perry and Perry had the exact same positions as him, so the problem is where? Powers got elected and won by what 100 votes with only a fraction of the normal voters voting in the election? SP showed it, it wasn't some referendum, I'll be good money the lose that same seat in a few months. No the county doesn't deserve this, how anyone could use that rationale is beyond me.
    The reason you can't see it is because you only see a proconsolidation point of view. Don't expect a proconsolidation board after the next elect
    ion tho cuz Thompson and Bates couldn't win to be elected dog catcher now. Cantrell and Hutchinson won't lose either. That's 4..and the pros know that too..it's now or never for them and they know that as well.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a common sense issue, you're either on the side of it for consolidation or not and are stuck in 1960. You do know that Bates and Cantrell aren't even up for election for another 2 years, right? Mullins, Thompson, Powers and Hutchinson are up in 2011, the rest in 2013. I only see Ted having a fight for his seat, Mullins won't be going anywhere, Hutchinson won't either..Powers will be gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The tiebreaker is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of this county and I support consolidation. It's just plain wrong, how anybody could support a non elected person making decisions that are this serious I will never understand. I'm with suprbeast, have a referendum even if it isn't legally binding. At least then we will have some way of knowing what the people want.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast