Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know where I can sell used books? I have tried to find some places online but there are so many. Is there a store around here that buys them? All of the books are in "like new" condition and I have several collections of books that have to be sold together.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo99 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can sell used books? I have tried to find some places online but there are so many. Is there a store around here that buys them? All of the books are in "like new" condition and I have several collections of books that have to be sold together.

IDK if it is still there but there was a used book store NEAR the mall in Kingspot

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Used books are a hard sell. Most books simply don't have much of a resell value. Last summer I bought several hundred for a very nominal amount (like $15) of those several hundred I found one that had any real value. I sold it for around $75 and the rest at between 50 cents and $3 each. I've made a lot of profit but I've spent hours doing it and have to lug the heavy suckers around.

Mind giving me an idea of what sort of books? Old books? Hardbacks? Some sets sell well on Ebay.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are just fictional books. I have the complete set of Sookie Stackhouse, Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle. When I buy any book like this I like to have the set to it. Right now I am working on the Dexter books to get the sets of those. I read so fast (probably about a book in half to a whole day). I have a ton of romance books. Really they are just everyday reads, I never get into any serious reading like War and Peace LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not too familiar with most of those but a complete set of the Vampire Diaries can pull down about $50 on Ebay I think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See that is so much more than just one of those websites that pay per book. I think the highest that just one of those books went for on a buyback site was around $1.50. I don't want a fortune for them but since they are in pretty much excellent condition I think that they justify a lot more than $1.50 haha..
    I have no clue on how to sell things on ebay. I would have figured that the Sookie books would sell pretty well since they are True Blood books. I have a bunch of sets if I could just get the ebay thing down I would be alright.
    I got some old coins too that came from my grandfather that I need to get rid of before they get lost. Can you sell those on there also?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ebay is really not hard to do at all. If you can't figure it out I bet you have a friend or two that sells things on there from time to time. A lot more people sell on there than many people realize.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know if they buy or not but there is a book store in BSG.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"