Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Casey Anthony Verdict

What did you all think about this?
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Casey Anthony Verdict

I told my wife before the trial started that she would be acquitted. There was just not enough hard evience to convict her. The only real evidence they had dealt with lying to police officers, which is a misdemeanor. She will probably walk out of jail in a year a free person. I do believe the judge will sentence her to that year because there were 4 counts of lying, with each carrying a 1 year sentence. He does not have to let those sentences run concurrently either. With already serving 3 years behind bars awaiting trial, that takes care of 3 counts. The other will result in her extra year behind bars.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand why they didn't get her for murder, but I don't understand why they at least didn't get her for child neglect or child abuse. Her child was missing for 31 days, she didn't report it. If that's not neglect, I don't know what is. When she does get of jail, her life isn't going to be a bed of roses. There are so many people angry with this verdict, I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't go after her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She may well be guilty, but the prosecution didn't even come close to proving their case in my opinion.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope someone puts a bullet in the bitch's head.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt she'll get any jail time, yes that's what the misdemeanor counts can carry, but that's at a maximum and is really never given for it - though he could. She probably gets probation with time served. This is probably one of the biggest blunders we've seen from a prosecution, they did a terrible job connecting her directly...witnesses like the meter man and her mom didn't help either. He was a douche and she tried to claim she did all of the searches for chloroform.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I doubt she'll get any jail time, yes that's what the misdemeanor counts can carry, but that's at a maximum and is really never given for it - though he could. She probably gets probation with time served. This is probably one of the biggest blunders we've seen from a prosecution, they did a terrible job connecting her directly...witnesses like the meter man and her mom didn't help either. He was a douche and she tried to claim she did all of the searches for chloroform.

Like I said, she was sentenced to consecutive terms. By preliminary count, most people have her getting out in February, 2012.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Like I said, she was sentenced to consecutive terms. By preliminary count, most people have her getting out in February, 2012.
    Everything I have seen says that she is expected to get out later this month or in August because of the time she has already served plus good behavior while in jail.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

15% reduction of the max. sent. due to "good time" = release date of Wednesday.