Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

consol updates?

Looking for some basic info...

Any word, official or rumor, about where the new buildings will be?

Who had work done, like AC units ot modular classrooms added?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: consol updates?

Quote Originally Posted by VHSLhelper View Post
    Looking for some basic info...

Any word, official or rumor, about where the new buildings will be?

Who had work done, like AC units ot modular classrooms added?
    New buildings, I'm not sure Wise Co has any final plans. The AC is a good point, now that we only have 3 schools to buy for, the school board has found a way to help cool the old buildings. I have to snicker a little, this comes 3 months after closing. Must be "state of the art" stuff to be that new.
    Last edited by simple man; August 7th, 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: never could spell
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    New buildings, I'm not sure Wise Co has any final plans. The AC is a good point, now that we only have 3 schools to buy for, the school board has found a way to help cool the old buildings. I have to snicker a little, this comes 3 months after closing. Must be "state of the art" stuff to be that new.
    I was told this week that it was costing them $11,000 a month rental for those AC units. I was also told they were doing the job though because I know one chick at Wise that said she has to wear sweaters to work. She said the buildings were staying in the 60's during the day.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Take into account that it's only Admin working in the schools there isnt any students and teachers in class, maybe it will get the rooms down to 80 once they go back.
    Last edited by Sat_morning_QB; August 7th, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah... if the A/C only got the rooms to a comfy 70 this week, they couldn't handle it when the kids get there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VHSLhelper View Post
    yeah... if the A/C only got the rooms to a comfy 70 this week, they couldn't handle it when the kids get there.
    Makes no difference, we were told there were NO options. Wise Co stays right behind Washington DC in telling us the truth about what is going on. Point is ,why rent these things if they won't work- the ink is hardly dry on the firings and Perry has "found" something new.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There were no options. See that 11k figure? That's 11k per month, per school. That would be 66k a month for all of the previous schools, that's would probably amount up to around 250k for the amount of time it would have to be used and with a shortfall just maintain those 6 schools for that many kids?...THAT WASN'T AN OPTION. Really not too hard to understant. I was just in JJK the other week and it was pretty nice temp. wise, of course that will go up and it will probably still be pretty warm in some areas of the building...but that's not to say they don't work and that's not to say they won't have a BIG impact on atmosphere, esp. compared to what they were before. This is a temp. thing and it's a big positive, even though it's something that should never be an issue in our schools, but we still have those who want to whine and complain. It's pathetic, I've heard this time and time again. Perfect example of how the anti group would never be satisfied and how they truly don't care about their kids education, as if it wasn't clear enough.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^^ Agree with all of this. Keep in mind it was a woman that told me that these temps were in the 60's so it could have been 85. Also, I wasn't told anything about where the temp of these things were sat at and I'd assume they could perhaps be sat at colder temps. Those things are massive and as long as they've got the ventilation ran the correct way I see no reason why it wouldn't cool the entire building.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why where you in JJK? Also where is that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    There were no options. See that 11k figure? That's 11k per month, per school. That would be 66k a month for all of the previous schools, that's would probably amount up to around 250k for the amount of time it would have to be used and with a shortfall just maintain those 6 schools for that many kids?...THAT WASN'T AN OPTION. Really not too hard to understant. I was just in JJK the other week and it was pretty nice temp. wise, of course that will go up and it will probably still be pretty warm in some areas of the building...but that's not to say they don't work and that's not to say they won't have a BIG impact on atmosphere, esp. compared to what they were before. This is a temp. thing and it's a big positive, even though it's something that should never be an issue in our schools, but we still have those who want to whine and complain. It's pathetic, I've heard this time and time again. Perfect example of how the anti group would never be satisfied and how they truly don't care about their kids education, as if it wasn't clear enough.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For a PEACE meeting in the auditorium and still haven't got used to the name change yet, Central.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast