Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: We need to stop this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simple man View Post
    "Conspiracy laws in general are problematic when applied to the drug war. They give prosecutors extraordinary discretion to charge minor players, such as girlfriends or young siblings, with the crimes committed by major drug distributors. They're also easier convictions to win, and can allow prosecutors to navigate around restrictions like statutes of limitations, so long as the old offense can be loosely linked to a newer one. The Smith bill would expand those powers. Under the Amsterdam wedding scenario, anyone who participated in the planning of the wedding with knowledge of the planned pot purchase would be guilty of conspiracy, even if their particular role was limited to buying flowers or booking the hotel.'

So you still can't read, even after we pay for your college? Gee, I had hoped after all that taxpayer money you had something. I guess I see why this place has gone downhill.
    What the hell? You quote some part of the article like you said anything that had to do with the piece, and say I can't read? Lol What part of that did I miss or deny? Please tell me. The only thing I can think of is it not being a crime, what they are talking about doing, STILL WOULDN'T BE A CRIME in the country they are going to...just talking about it here is. You're actually only backing up what I said earlier, since that particular part was what I mentioned... "It was also used to show that everyone involved in the wedding planning could be convicted, even if they had nothing to do with planning the fake crime."

And by the way, you haven't paid for anything, I've never been eligible for financial aid/grants for college and everything has come from out of pocket/scholarships. Another big whiff, at least get your personal attacks right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By the way, I did say "I doubt they would go thru the list", noose getting worse? Go back to politics.
    Yeah you did genius, exactly what I just said in the post before.

"You didn't say "make a list", you said go through the wedding plan list, like they are going to have "buy pot" on wedding planners list."

You said that and then..."So you don't think the feds would make a LIST of people who were around this wedding?" Like I was arguing they would do that, I just pointed out in your first post that there's not going to be a wedding planner list with "buy pot" it, so there's no such thing they would look through to begin with.

Just stop while you're ahead.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Smith bill would expand those powers. Under the Amsterdam wedding scenario, anyone who participated in the planning of the wedding with knowledge of the planned pot purchase would be guilty of conspiracy, even if their particular role was limited to buying flowers or booking the hotel.'

See the part about "even if their role"? So the whole group planning the wedding is guilty. And if you can't see how that being outside an American law, would be a crime- I see what is wrong with you. Take your meds, or better yet smoke two joints and call California in the morning.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol what are you talking about? Are you this lost? That's what I have said several times, even pointing that they used it as an example to show how far the law stretches. I don't think you're quite grasping this, I'll try to simplify it...What they are talking about doing, DOES NOT become a crime. If they buy/smoke pot in Amsterdam, that isn't a crime there and isn't a crime here because they aren't breaking a law on American soil. What this would do is make it against the law to TALK about doing something completely legal in another country(where they would be doing this) - which makes it a crime to talk about doing something completely legal(i.e. a non-existent crime). Somehow, I think you'll still be lost.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Lol what are you talking about? Are you this lost? That's what I have said several times, even pointing that they used it as an example to show how far the law stretches. I don't think you're quite grasping this, I'll try to simplify it...What they are talking about doing, DOES NOT become a crime. If they buy/smoke pot in Amsterdam, that isn't a crime there and isn't a crime here because they aren't breaking a law on American soil. What this would do is make it against the law to TALK about doing something completely legal in another country(where they would be doing this) - which makes it a crime to talk about doing something completely legal(i.e. a non-existent crime). Somehow, I think you'll still be lost.
    You say "What they are talking about doing does not become a crime" then say "What this would do is make it against the law to TALK about doing something completely legal" ? You can't even follow yourself. And the tax dollars...you built and staffed MECC where you went, by yourself? I hope you ride with someone, at least most of the time. I'd have to try to get around your swerving logic on the road.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You say "What they are talking about doing does not become a crime" then say "What this would do is make it against the law to TALK about doing something completely legal" ? You can't even follow yourself. And the tax dollars...you built and staffed MECC where you went, by yourself? I hope you ride with someone, at least most of the time. I'd have to try to get around your swerving logic on the road.
    Are you seriously not grasping this? What they are talking about doing DOES NOT BECOME A CRIME, only the TALKING PORTION BECOMES THE CRIME. This law doesn't change the laws in Amsterdam, it only makes it a crime to talk about doing something completely legal in Amsterdam. If you do finally comprehend that, you'll see how stupid the law actually is. Lol and you did? Lets not try to play that, you tried to take a shot assuming I receive financial aid, but you whiffed and tried to use that sorry excuse. That's like criticizing someone for using a highway since tax money paid for it. Next time try someone that hasn't paid out of pocket for it and will be taking out student loans that have to be paid back, not that financial aid is a bad thing, since it's what gives a lot of nurses and other important workers an opportunity to do what they do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Are you seriously not grasping this? What they are talking about doing DOES NOT BECOME A CRIME, only the TALKING PORTION BECOMES THE CRIME. This law doesn't change the laws in Amsterdam, it only makes it a crime to talk about doing something completely legal in Amsterdam. If you do finally comprehend that, you'll see how stupid the law actually is. Lol and you did? Lets not try to play that, you tried to take a shot assuming I receive financial aid, but you whiffed and tried to use that sorry excuse. That's like criticizing someone for using a highway since tax money paid for it. Next time try someone that hasn't paid out of pocket for it and will be taking out student loans that have to be paid back, not that financial aid is a bad thing, since it's what gives a lot of nurses and other important workers an opportunity to do what they do.
    You have repeated the same "I paid it all" 10 times over the last couple of years. It is simple. I make a comment about the money that is thrown away teaching for jobs that don't exist (baiting) and you jump on the "I'm a college student that paid for my own education". Talking about whatever is the crime, but if it is a law, it is still a law. I don't care - if talking about something is a crime ,then talking about it is a crime. Same deal as the tax dollars, any public funding is still public funding. If there aren't any jobs in a field, then teaching someone that trade or job is still a waste- same as a tax break for the 1% of wealthy or oil or coal business. Your views are very narrow and if don't fit your page, then it has to be bad. Have you ever thought about looking for your inner child?
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we should respect other countries laws and let them enforce and decide what they want legal and not legal.

Biggin you can fax your senators and reps. You can even call em if you like.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have repeated the same "I paid it all" 10 times over the last couple of years. It is simple. I make a comment about the money that is thrown away teaching for jobs that don't exist (baiting) and you jump on the "I'm a college student that paid for my own education". Talking about whatever is the crime, but if it is a law, it is still a law. I don't care - if talking about something is a crime ,then talking about it is a crime. Same deal as the tax dollars, any public funding is still public funding. If there aren't any jobs in a field, then teaching someone that trade or job is still a waste- same as a tax break for the 1% of wealthy or oil or coal business. Your views are very narrow and if don't fit your page, then it has to be bad. Have you ever thought about looking for your inner child?
    So I'm getting a degree for jobs that don't exist? Lol You directed the comment at me, either you really believe something that stupid or you just can't come up with anything else. You should write a letter to MECC/UVAw for having all of these classes for jobs that don't exist, they might want to know...even though that's completely ridiculous, most classes besides your specialty like wielding/police science are classes that apply to many different degree's/fields. I don't think you know how classes work, there's these things called electives/humanities/etc that basically every degree requires you to have a certain number of...they are REQUIRED along with math/english/history/science etc which is the bulk of the classes offered.

The law is ignorant, no other way around it. This does nothing to change the laws in the other countries, it's all legal there and plus it penalizes people like doctors, who in the world would support such a moronically broad law that accomplishes nothing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12