Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pawn shop

is there a pawn shop in the area to possibly sell things and maybe buy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: pawn shop

Two that I can think of are Lonesome Pine Gun and Pawn (on 58 in Tacoma near the intersection where you turn to go to the racetrack) and there used to be one in Wise on West Main Street across from Powell Valley National Bank, but I'm not sure if it's still there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lonesome Pine is still open on 58 as JJK Guy said, also have the oldest one around Beverly's Gun and Pawn downtown Coeburn behind Frosty Bossie.

Lonesome Pine 395-5086
    Beverly's 395-5827
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwalker32 View Post
    is there a pawn shop in the area to possibly sell things and maybe buy?
    None of my business what you decide, but pawn shops are among the worse places to both sell and buy.

They tend to pay less for your stuff than even fleamarket dealers, they have a customer base that they know isn't going away and they can afford for some people to leave in shock at their offers because there will be plenty that take the offer either due to extreme need or not knowing what they can get elsewhere.

Better options to sell your items are Ebay - craigslist - simply put up and post ads - take it to the fleamarket and sell it yourself. All of these are almost certain to get you more money than a pawn shop will give you.

Better options to buy - Ebay - craigslist - the local fleamarkets - auctions. You will almost certainly get it cheaper any of these ways.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will agree that you don't go to a pawn shop to sell anything if you have the time and resources to sell it elsewhere. Most people that sell to pawn shops are in need of money right now and can't wait till (or even get to) the next flea market or the ability to list on ebay and wait there and then have to worry about shipping and seller fees. Craiglist is a good option but you still don't know how long it might take to sell. The best thing to do it pawn the item, you will get more for it usually and can pick it up anytime or leave it and just make a small payment each month to keep it pawned. Then when you get the time/resources to sell it elsewhere for more you can and still were able to get the money you needed when you needed it.

I can't stand when someone says pawn shops just rip people off.....guess what they make an offer knowing they are going to have to resell the item for less than half what it is retail and still make a profit......you don't have to take the offer. Not saying you said or implied that Gotch that little rant wasn't aimed at you. That show Pawn Stars is far removed from what a real pawn shop is it's ridiculous.

As far as buying I will have to disagree I have gotten many great deals at the two pawn shops I listed that I have never seen close to on ebay, craigslist or fleamarket. Of course that is partly due to personally knowing and doing other business with the shop owners.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll agree with most of that except the part about better deals. No way can I not beat a pawn shops prices on anything I want. Of course I have more resources and know who to contact on a given item. But in general I can find pretty much anything at about the same price the shop paid, not what they are selling it for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's what I said in the last sentence too, I get good deals because of doing business with them otherwise (not pawn related) and can buy for what they got it for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dont have the time for flea markets or ebay so?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so you legit do not have 5 minutes for ebay? Literally cost about $1 to put on ebay and the rest ebay does. I sell a lot on amazon and i think it is much easier than ebay. Both take around 5 min or less to place on the website. The website does the rest you dont have to advertise at all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If your item is electronic, or most anything modern the Pawn Shop might not be too bad of an option. If it's a vintage / antique / or highly collectible item I'd still say that's not the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast