Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Imagine that...

Personally I cannot disagree with much of anything duckmeat said. Its not a majority of the people who abuse this system, but it is much higher than 1%. There are people who have qualified for it who have no business qualifying, and there are people who need it, and cannot be approved that I have seen. Its extremely flawed, and will continually get worse as time goes on unfortunately.

Gotch, going along with what you have said about who to drug test, why not incorporate it to anyone applying and holding a federal or state job. You must take a test at application time/submitting your request for nomination, and then random test throughout your time in office/job.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Imagine that...

Yeah, I would go along with that ^ and it would have a potential upside that is much greater than testing those on welfare while costing less.

BUT

Anyone who has worked in a business that uses drug testing should already know that testing catches a small percentage of drug users. I worked with guys who were regular drug users and never got caught over a period of years, even a decade or more despite numerous random tests.

While working in transportation and monitoring drug tests I learned a couple of truly ingenious tricks that don't involve drinking anything, switching samples, or any of the more common dodges. One is nearly undetectable even if being watched and apparently works because I know a drug user who passed DOT tests for more than a decade using it.

Point being, drug tests are probably a waste of time and money for the most part.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12