Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $100,000 a year and still feels poor.....WTF!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

$100,000 a year and still feels poor.....WTF!?

First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor - Yahoo! Finance

Wish I could make 100k a year. I would be better off then I am now. Geeze, some people have no idea. Try making it on 20k or 30k a year, with a house payment/rent, utilities, groceries, car payment and insurance. People around here do that shit day and day out. Sorry but shit like this pisses me off.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: $100,000 a year and still feels poor.....WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor - Yahoo! Finance

Wish I could make 100k a year. I would be better off then I am now. Geeze, some people have no idea. Try making it on 20k or 30k a year, with a house payment/rent, utilities, groceries, car payment and insurance. People around here do that shit day and day out. Sorry but shit like this pisses me off.
    Lawdy lawdy I'd LOVE to be that poor
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She kept saying "our" and talking about their kids being in college. So I assumed that she was talking about her and her husbands combined incomes.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah man it's hard to say. But $50,000 would still be good for one person. I can understand the paying for the kids college education but they can get finical aid or whatever to help. How many people out there work two jobs just to put their kids through college? I guess I find it crazy to have a $100,000 income combined or not and still feel poor. Just amazes me lol.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But $50,000 would still be good for one person.
    Not really. You have to wonder where they live. It's not easy around here on that with a mortgage, vehicle payment, medical bills, day to day living expenses. In a large metro area it'd be like living on minimum wage.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Not really. You have to wonder where they live. It's not easy around here on that with a mortgage, vehicle payment, medical bills, day to day living expenses. In a large metro area it'd be like living on minimum wage.
    that is what i was going to say. a buddy of mine told me my house and land would go for $150,000 up where lives. here it got valued at $48,000
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah man it's hard to say. But $50,000 would still be good for one person. I can understand the paying for the kids college education but they can get finical aid or whatever to help. How many people out there work two jobs just to put their kids through college? I guess I find it crazy to have a $100,000 income combined or not and still feel poor. Just amazes me lol.
    Very little, if any, financial aid available for that level of family income.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    Very little, if any, financial aid available for that level of family income.
    No grants or financial aid at all at that level. My mother is a nurse and stepfather is a coal miner, I never qualified for financial aid or really close to it...it's either out of pocket or student loans after that - without scholarships.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What's wrong with getting student loans to pay for your education? You are there so that you can get a better job and make more money afterwards than you can out of high school so how about takin some personal responsibility. If your ignorant enough to want to get a degree in women's studies or art history knowing there is almost zero job opportunities then you get what you ask for. No I'm not saying that you are studying either Jr. but for the one's who do I have no remorse.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When you learn about what tuition costs are and how much debt you're straddled with for a degree in anything, maybe you'll know why student loans aren't so great. Maybe 20 years ago when tuition was somewhat reasonable, now it's rising faster than heathcare costs and healthcare is rising faster than inflation by several times over. We're talking 25-50k in debt coming right out of college in your early 20's, you have to get a job just to pay the mountain debt you took on to get a decent job. And we wonder why countries pass us up in innovation and are growing faster when our new work force CAN'T be innovative or take any chances because they have to settle for anything half-way decent to take on all of that debt plus trying to live. I also don't know where anyone gets that all of these people major in these wild studies, I've never, ever met anyone that majors in something like that....I'm sure they exist, but not on any serious level and more than likely they come from families that can afford that risk and in colleges that specialize in that area. Again, maybe decades ago when someone could afford to do something they want to do, but it's few and far between.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast