Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Why

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Why

    Why are the morons coming out of the woodwork around here?

    Rcok, you all do a fine job, but dang they are multiplying faster than rabbits around here.

    I remember it happening on the CD board once, thankfully they havent been like that in over 2 years. Hopefully this spurt subsides too.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    When I see them posting I just cover my eyes and sing "lalalalalalalalala"

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    We're surrounded.

    Hopefully with time they'll just fade away (especially if we ignore them).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    Exactly. I about posted under pet peeves "Posters like above" under hoss.

    I thought better of it, and maybe the ignore route would work better.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    Understood. Reasonable sure thats someone who posts/posted regularly.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    I know I have alot of posts on here. This is a forum, and I like to discuss sports. Just a year ago I was able to do this on this forum without having to deal with that crap that is on here now. To have an intelligent conversation on here you have to almost strictly post on the Old Timers Forum.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    Which is one reason I created it. I don't mind people getting hot headed now and then. I just don't like every post to have no basis. Heck my basis may be wrong, but at least there is some there, being it in theory or fact [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    not to anyone in particular-
    althought I agree that some stuff has gotten way out of hand I also think this complaining has gotten a little old, I don't post on here much anymore simply because you can't say something without someone calling you some absurd name or wanting to fight. It's a forum for better or worse a place where people can discuss ideas, meet new people or just have a little fun. Some on here take this stuff way to serious, there is a certain "click" on here and honestly I find that down right hilarious how you guys stick togeather. Just for instance the doors are closing thread, now I'm not gonna name any names but that was ridiculous. Some people just need to grow up and if you get tired of what is going on just leave no one is making you stay.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    I don't think 'clicks' are really it, as much as it is people who have opinions the same or nearly the same on a topic. For example, the thread you mention, counts, elp6n, indian_dad, myself and others tend to at least be more on the 'open to consolidation view'. Quite a few other topics that have been made, totally different. I've been accussed of defending Burrhead left and right by some, and I'm accused daily of crucifying him as well. It all depends on the side/view you take on things. I'm pro-Clintwood, easy to say that because are or that I am, I'm going to 'click' to protect and supposedly all anti-GC, but I've sat and gotten onto Jason who is pro-GC about some of the negativity he had or was posting. You can agree with someone about one topic and disagree on another. Its funny, because on that thread you mentioned, supposedly Indian_dad and I are constantly agreeing when he and I have had some good heated discussions/disagreements on here about things. Just this time we're kind of on the same page or at least in proximity.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    The difference being Rock is that we can have heated debate and not agree, yet both opinions are respected, or at least the right of each of us to have it is. I deal that way with everybody on here. There were some on that consolidation issue that I totally disagreed with, yet I did not resort to personal attacks.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Why

    Clique not click. Dang you graduate from Clintwood??????? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •