Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go the sports board

And read the thread about P-Nut Football and you will see what is wrong with Wise County today. That entire thread truly saddens me, how in the world could anybody get that upset over a P-Nut football game and quit? What message does that send the young people your are coaching?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Go the sports board

That may be one of the crazier things ever posted on here and that's saying a lot.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can imagine that ladydawg person at home with her kid (if that's even a real mom and not an alter ego):

"It's ok little Johnny. You really are the best player in the whole wide world ever ever ever. Those other teams just cheat. They all cheat. You're perfect. There's no way you could ever be beat without them cheating to do it, my perfect little Johnny."
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, it's just like always with some people up there, "Nobody can beat us unless they are cheating". That has always been one of the worst mentalities up there I have ever seen and I grew up and went to school there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And like somebody else said, it's not just a problem with Appy folks, it's everywhere. My son's football coaches were banned from the league for a year for fighting...with each other...in front of the kids. When folks ask me why he plays golf now, that is all I have to say.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I went a shade overboard with my ribbing yesterday,but her comment was so ludicrous,I cold not resist. Too many adults trying to make up for their past athletic mediocrity by wanting little Johnny to be a superstar. I love my kids dearly,and whatever they do,I want them to have fun at it,to enjoy the experience. THAT is all that matters. It is supposed to be about the love of the game anyway. I know folks like to poke at me over the "sun will come up in the morning",but it is all about perspective. As long as me and mine are happy and healthy,ball games,wins,losses....come and go. I have a good friend who told me once that in his high school career which netted 2 state titles,he had fun TWO days in four years-the days he hoisted the title. The rest was a pressure cooker for him,trying to meet expectations...etc . That to me is sad. I have a son who loves sports and one who does not,and I am equally proud of both. I support the eldest at his games,practices,and I spend on on one time doing the things my youngest wants to do. It's all about the bigger picture. Life is hard,so much pressure...at least let them have some fun along the way.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agree with your post 100%. I always have been and always will be a Dawg fan. But I do draw the line at the kind of crazy crap you were talking about happening at that little league game. It's a shame adults can't act like adults, especially where impressionable children are involved. I've been to my son's little league games and at no time have I ever been so ticked off at something happening in the game that I want to go flog a coach or referee. Just to show you how tolerant I am:

MY SONS ARE GOING TO PV!!!!!!!!

That says it all.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't feel bad Mik Mo, both of my daughters go to Appy..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....