Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Burton - Kelly tonight

I guess the reason I have such a problem with the call is, Kelly punted the ball probably 3-4 times already in the game and only one was actually returned because they only got 25-30 yards per punt and it normally rolled dead. The only one Timmy Goins got his hands on he picked up maybe 2-3 yards and that was it, Kelly was smothering him once he got it. I guess since the coverage was so good all night it wouldn't have been a decision for me. But of course, I hate bleacher coaches and people screaming at play calls from the fence. It is a whole different ballgame when you are on that sideline making the calls.

Again, good entertaining game last night. Crazy, Crazy, year in the LPD. I would have never thought coming into the game that our QB would have played worse than Kelly's. Kelly's QB had the worst passing numbers I have seen in quite sometime after 9 games. He played solid last night minus a couple of throws that should have been picked but he out played our QB. His stats coming into the game were 9-45 for 106 yards, 1 TD and 8 INT's.

Congrats again Kelly fans, I am sure it couldn't be more satisfying to knock off your arch rival to ruin their attempt at a LPD Shared Crown and ruin their 30 games home win streak.

Now GO VOLS!!!!
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont think most kids really dislike one another.Not anymore, too many chances to hang out and see one another. Social media has mad people friends, the times have made many of these kids on the same level now socially. Evn in the 90's when I was in school, I didint know most of the players I played against until I played summer ball with them really. You'd know each other in passing from playing and what not.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad the game didn't turn ugly. I saw a couple chance that I thought it was going to go that way.

I would like to seen Norton try a little "wildcat" with Miles taking the snap and see what could have happened. He had that one nice pass for a TD called back on the broken play. lineman down field was the call. with the problems our QB was having throwing the ball it coudn't have hurt to see Miles back there throwing to Timmy Goins or taking off on a pass run option. Nothing else we had was working Friday night.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree starbuck
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm glad the game didn't turn ugly. I saw a couple chance that I thought it was going to go that way.

I would like to seen Norton try a little "wildcat" with Miles taking the snap and see what could have happened. He had that one nice pass for a TD called back on the broken play. lineman down field was the call. with the problems out QB was having throwing the ball it coudn't have hurt to see Miles back there throwing to Timmy Goins or taking off on a pass run option. Nothing else we had was working Friday night.

Of course it didn't get ugly. Why don't you know we only fight with Dawgs? It was a heated battle,but both teams handled their business with class. You'll always see a bit of chippyness in a rivalry game,but all in all it was a very clean (and hard-fought) game. I also agree with you guys on Miles running the Wildcat. He'd be a nightmare to defend (but then again,he's darn tough to defend no matter where you stick him at)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12