Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pretty disappointed

Your neighbor got lucky. I talked to the Little Debbie's man who lives in Clintwood and he said his neighbor died during this. They were carrying him out of the house to meet the ambulance that couldn't make it up the drive way and he died in his arms while he was carrying him. He said the guy was very old and had heart problems. Clintwood got about 18 inches of snow. BSG had about 1 1/2 inches.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn man, im sorry thast really terrible.

That was my point, BSG got nothing. It was not bad at all here. The roads in town were basically clear. It took my dad 10 hours to get from Norton to BSG, and he laughed when he got into BSG and saw there was nothing here.

What I was getting at is that the BSG personnel should have had no problems getting to her house and to the hospital. I drove my 2WD mini-van around with no problems whatsoever.

Yes Stripes, I drive my moms old van a lot now. I have a 91 GMC King James edition Jimmy, but its seen better years and we just replaced the rear end, so ive been rockin my moms purple people eater.

And I am very innocuous in a van, I can move under the radar in it lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got your point and I agree. I left Glamorgan at 3:20 Friday evening. I got to BSG Food City at 5:45. There was nothing at all in BSG and I have no idea where all the emergency personel in BSG were at that time. They should have just called the old Tiger Market (now Black Diamond), there's usually 3-5 of them parked their sitting on their fat asses eating. If they're not there, check Rogers Market getting free coffee.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the emergency room Saturday night with my mother. They had 4 people that they needed to transfer to JC. There were no ambulances available in Wise Co. and the ER people were very frustrated. They had to tell JC to get an ambulance service from JC to come get them. I don't know if all of these received transport or not, but it had to be serious for them not to be able to keep them at NCH.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    But, at the same time, the road was barricaded and all they were doing was sitting in the ambulance staying warm. Where these people were is literally, only a stone's throw away from where biggin lives. I'm not doing the "human" aspect of the situation, but simply the physical aspect of seeing them do nothing.
    Yep, and then when they got the road open they left with people stranded on the road. I know because my car was one of those stranded and I was listening to the scanner when it finally dawned on someone about an hour or two later that they had just stranded tons of people on the road.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly, te justup and left with no words of warning or anthing. I figured that when hey left, it was ok to tae my daughter on into work, boy was I surprised when I got past the look out. It looked like a "war-zone".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123