Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Waiting

to see what kind of ideas Robbins has to keep the 6 high schools open without any tax hikes tonight. I am sure it will be a packed house at 5:00 this evening at the board of stupidvisors meeting. Any thought or suggestions on what it might contain?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Waiting

It'll be interesting to see Robbins transform from from the Great Satan to the Great Saint in the eyes of many Wise County residents. Fact of the matter is, the school system has been blowing smoke all along when it says it can't afford to operate 6 high schools. They have 50% more funding than they had a decade ago and less students means less teachers are required. It's just their way of justifying what they want to do....but anyone with half a brain knows they are FOS.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just want to be there when the fireworks start. Thinking about going just to listen

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He's been in the system long enough to know if operating 6 schools is feasible...if he says it is, it is.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    He's been in the system long enough to know if operating 6 schools is feasible...if he says it is, it is.
    I know, and to tell you the truth, Virginia Meador has, too and she is leaning the same way Robbins has stated along with "Flip-Flop" Rivers. Everyone already know how Luntsford is going along with Short. Rumor has it that Perry and several other school board members have been invited to hear this plan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK what happened?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Robbins' resolution failed on a 4-4 tie vote, mostly because Short got scared of the big bad SB. He doesn't want the SB to absorb the 3 smaller schools into the 3 larger ones in old buildings. If this is any indication, there will a failed vote in June, when the SB wants their answer on funding the proposal. Most still hold out hope for a amicable resolution to this but I am afraid either way it goes, the taxpayers will be the ones screwed either way. I think I will seceed from Wise county and join Lee county.......LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Robbins' resolution failed on a 4-4 tie vote, mostly because Short got scared of the big bad SB. He doesn't want the SB to absorb the 3 smaller schools into the 3 larger ones in old buildings. If this is any indication, there will a failed vote in June, when the SB wants their answer on funding the proposal. Most still hold out hope for a amicable resolution to this but I am afraid either way it goes, the taxpayers will be the ones screwed either way. I think I will seceed from Wise county and join Lee county.......LOL!
    I'm voting against every single representative I can. I've told my representatives (those that I've seen), so they should not be surprised. This is doing nothing more than embarrassing the county.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really felt like the 3 in1 option is mainly a boondoggle to go ahead and merge the 6 schools into the 3 largest at this time. Wise County sure has a mess on its hands at this point.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anybody else find any humor in the Coalfield story- the one about the school's "3-in-1 plan" falling inside Norton? Seems some folks are worried that not having a school in their town will cause them to lose money. Perhaps the whole county. After all the statments about "It won't make any difference to the smaller towns." Hmmmm..., what goes around ,comes around? :snickerpup:
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast