Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Holy Shit...

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Id like to have brought quite a few people down to the level they acted the other night. Some of the worst sportsmanship I have ever experienced, but unfortunately, its not uncommon at TW. I have good friends down there as well, so please don't feel like I am lumping everyone in the same pile, because that is far from the case. 24 is one of the dirtiest players ever to grace a football field.

Always seems to be two or three down there who are that way. Some things were done at Eastside that were unnecessary.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be fair, there's usually 2 or 3 from all areas that act that way. Keep in mind I'm in no way defending the TW "bad apples" as I'm not a native. I've just "wound up" there trying to support my nephew. What a ride. Graduated from PV only to wind up rooting for Appy for a long time finally ending up in the TW stands. At least they were all blue teams. ;-)

But yeah I heard some unnecessary use of foul language in the stands that night despite the presence of children. I might have a potty mouth but it should be left at the gate until after the ball game. And there was some older man going nuts on that personal foul call on that fumble. Kept hollering "you can't call a personal foul on a live ball situation" or something like that. And it was not a happy bunch considering the seemingly numerous fouls called after the whistle was blown early. Even though I wasn't happy with those either I still understand it's trying to keep the environment as safe as possible for the players and keep my mouth shut. I just hate to see a player penalized because his momentum carries him through a movement that is called foul because the whistle blew before his motion is completed. Like tackling a player who's hard to take down and the whistle blows midway through that tackle and the tackler gets called for a late hit or something. But I've seen calls like this at all levels and dislike it just as much. It's not just high school. Dem's da breaks. LoL
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know what the worst this is about the old guy you heard hollering? He used to be in our crew. His last year as an official was my first which was 2001. He apparently has gone senile. He came up to us before the game saying he thought about getting back into officiating next year and asked us if we would help him if he does. Well, he can kiss any help from myself goodbye now with the way he showed his ass. Had I not pulled my hamstring I would have gladly had some words with him afterwards the other night. He came down to the fence line behind the end zone before Haysi's kick telling the TW players to do things any official knows is illegal.

As for the late hits, I only had one of those the other night. They didn't happen downfield so I had very little view of anything since it wasn't in my area. I think the worst part was 24 coming in extremely late according to my crew several of those times and/or leading with his helmet. Safety is a huge point of emphasis this year by the NFHS, and trust me if a kid gets hurt on a questionable hit, you better have a flag on it. It takes the potential lawsuit off of your shoulders as an official.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    24 is one of the dirtiest players ever to grace a football field.
    I have come to learn this is absolutely true. If I'm not mistaken he had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the 2nd qtr that just suck the momentum and the spirit right out of the entire TW team. There was a white haired older woman in front of us complaining about him saying she wished they would take him out of the game.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    I have come to learn this is absolutely true. If I'm not mistaken he had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late in the 2nd qtr that just suck the momentum and the spirit right out of the entire TW team. There was a white haired older woman in front of us complaining about him saying she wished they would take him out of the game.
    It's great that Radford beat the snot out of him today and sent him packing all the way back to Lee County. It's terrible that his teammates had to fall along with him. The way you guys talk about him, he reminds me of a certain player for J.I. Burton last year who was consistently causing trouble on the field during games and even amidst his own team outside game time. I really wish they'd bring the hammer down on players like that a little more. Does anyone know if he will be playing next year? Is he a senior?
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWVA-Football View Post
    Is he a senior?
    Ya know, I have no clue and haven't cared enough to know. But I sure as hell hope so!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Ya know, I have no clue and haven't cared enough to know. But I sure as hell hope so!!
    Brandon Moore is a senior
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a relief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12