Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob, Beast, Stripes, and any other suffering Vol fans...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bob, Beast, Stripes, and any other suffering Vol fans...

Below is from Volquest and is good news if you ask me. I sent UTVols a message Saturday night saying that if I had to see Simms take another snap in that uniform I was going to puke. Luckily, the next drive they put Worley in to hand off. Also, great news in there on Teague. >>>>>>>>>>>

Derek Dooley is expected to announce at his weekly media day appearance on Monday around noon that Justin Worley will be the Vols' starting quarterback moving forward, beginning with Saturday's home game against South Carolina, Worley's home-state school and a program that did not actively recruit the 2010 Gatorade National Player of the Year.

Worley already has moved into the first-team quarterback role, multiple sources told VolQuest.com on Sunday evening. Worley worked with the first-team offense during Sunday's light practice session and was informed by coaches that he would be the planned starter Saturday night against the nationally-ranked Gamecocks barring any unforeseen changes.

Further, we expect that Worley will be given every opportunity to retain the starting spot for the remainder of the season or until incumbent injured starter Tyler Bray can return from surgery on his thumb. Bray would face an uphill battle to return this season, but UT has maintained a four-to-six-week timetable for Bray's return, and there remains some outside hope/optimism that Bray could possibly return by the Kentucky game. That, again, would be a best-case scenario and nothing at all considered anything even being planned for at this point.

The 6-4, 200-pound Worley is a midterm enrollee from Rock Hill, S.C., who rewrote his state's and some national passing records. Worley has impressed with his ability to absorb the Vols' playbook since he arrived on campus in January. At this point, however, it appears that Worley will become the Vols' third different starting quarterback in four games and will have the opportunity to retain the post for the remainder of the regular season or until Bray can return.

In other expected depth chart shuffling, look for rookie CB Justin Coleman to continue to reemerge in the Vols' lineup. Coleman made a couple of nice plays against Alabama and has battled diligently through his early-season struggles. Coleman, Izauea Lanier and Prentiss Waggner would be the Vols' top three cover men, with Art Evans and Eric Gordon perhaps in the mix beyond them. Marsalis Teague has effectively been benched, we are told. And Rod Wilks could continue to battle Brent Brewer for more time at strong safety, while Brian Randolph has essentially entrenched himself as the Vols' starting free safety for the remainder of the season, barring injury.

The Vols had a few nicks and dings coming out of the game, including Tauren Poole leaving Bryant-Denny Stadium with an ice-pack on his right ankle/foot, and some guys got some additional rest on Sunday, but the Vols are optimistic from an injury standpoint that everyone should be ready to go by Saturday night.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bob, Beast, Stripes, and any other suffering Vol fans...

As much as Simms sucks, I was hoping to not burn Worley's redshirt. Its just a lose-lose situation in my book. Recruiting CBs shouldn't be hard come NSD if they want the chance to play early. I dont know whats happened to Teague though. He was playing pretty decent early IMO, but he's made Art Evans look competent lately.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They can redshirt Worley next year and have Nance hand off in blow outs.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True, but if Bray goes down again, there goes that idea.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Then he could redshirt the next year. Hard to imagine he'll be hurt 3 years in a row. If he is then you could say that the redshirt with Worley was never needed because he'd be playing about as much or more than Bray.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bray will be gone the next year and no need to redshirt. haha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Redshirts are overrated and bout useless anymore with all the kids leavin early for NFL.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I swear I posted on facebook and sent a couple of text out saying the exact same thing about Simms, almost when I got your text Lung. As far as burning Worley's RS, we hopefully will have Peterman coming in next year too so we will have some options behind Bray. I swear I would almost take Nance over Simms at this point, he just can't QB at this level. I know most will say well he was playing the #1 and #2 team in the country. That is true, however, there is no excuse for never checking down on routes and throwing into double-triple coverage when you have a TE on at least 4 accounts running wide open over the middle or down the sideline for a TD. Inexcusable, hell I would take my self right now at 5'10 (shut up Lung) 225 lbs over Simms. I can still throw a 5 yrd out and can chuck it more than 35 yards downfield.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

5'10?

Tim, take off your wife's high heels then measure yourself again, get a more accurate reading

I also was not sure about burning Worley's redshirt if Bray will be back before the end of the season, but Simms give them no chance against any team but UK (YES, that includes Vandy. Have you guys seen Vandy play? They would eat Simms alive IMO).

I have a question; Bray played in what, four games this year? Isnt that the cutoff for a medical? Is there any way, if Worley plays decent enough, that Bray sits the rest of the year and applies for another year of eligibility? (Not that he needs it, he was gone after Jr. year anyway)
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bray will be back. More than likely for Vandy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast