Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Vasectomy.....

So, is this a mutual decision between you and your wife, or is it one where you "stepped" up to the plate with your bat in hand for her. I admire your willingness and love for your wife, just make sure you want this as badly as she does.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    So, is this a mutual decision between you and your wife, or is it one where you "stepped" up to the plate with your bat in hand for her. I admire your willingness and love for your wife, just make sure you want this as badly as she does.
    It is something we have talked about and both agree upon. I am completely happy with the two children we have and I would have even been happy with just one after all she went through but she wanted to try for one more and didn't think we would have anymore complications and chalked the first experience as just bad luck. Well, #2 was just as bad and required her to make at least 20 trips to the Birthing Center and roughly 20 ultrasounds on the baby.

So yes, we have mutually decided this is the best thing to do. I am very happy with just two kids, heck with us paying $1,000 per month in child care I can't afford another one, lol.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You da man. But I'd rather wear the condom.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    It is something we have talked about and both agree upon. I am completely happy with the two children we have and I would have even been happy with just one after all she went through but she wanted to try for one more and didn't think we would have anymore complications and chalked the first experience as just bad luck. Well, #2 was just as bad and required her to make at least 20 trips to the Birthing Center and roughly 20 ultrasounds on the baby.

So yes, we have mutually decided this is the best thing to do. I am very happy with just two kids, heck with us paying $1,000 per month in child care I can't afford another one, lol.
    Then, I congratulate you two on this because that shows a really true love, respect, and understanding for each other. How long u been married? Been over 32 years for me and my wife.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It shows that you really love her and will never leave her, I am sure she really appreciates it.

I don't know of anybody that has had a vasectomy, so I can't give you any recommendations except for maybe freezing some of your sperm, on the off chance that you want to have more children later or something.

You're a good man UTV, no matter what DD says about you. haha
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me know what you find out UTV. I will be going down the same route in the near future. Your wife and mine have a lot in common with the complications. My suggestion was for her to get fixed while they done the C-section with Morgan, but the doc talked her out of it. I just would not put her through another pregnancy either. We built a 3 bedrooom house and they are full now, so 2 is enough. Just got to hope to make it to NCAA tourney next year and get it done then I guess. Set in the recliner all weekend watching games with my pills against frozen pea bags.

Also guys don't trust the UID. My best friend's wife had one put in before they got married. He knocked her up on their honeymoon!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    Then, I congratulate you two on this because that shows a really true love, respect, and understanding for each other. How long u been married? Been over 32 years for me and my wife.
    8 years this October. Started dating in the 8th grade which puts us being together for a total of 16 years or so. So it really feels longer than just 8 years, lol.

It shows that you really love her and will never leave her, I am sure she really appreciates it.

I don't know of anybody that has had a vasectomy, so I can't give you any recommendations except for maybe freezing some of your sperm, on the off chance that you want to have more children later or something.

You're a good man UTV, no matter what DD says about you. haha
    Ha Ha.....thanks I appreciate that. I may freeze my sperm just in case someone out there is looking for sperm donated by an incredible athlete with a modeling background similar to Tom Brady or someone similar, LOL. :laffingassoff: All kidding aside I have been blessed with two kids and anymore would just have to be a miracle.

Let me know what you find out UTV. I will be going down the same route in the near future. Your wife and mine have a lot in common with the complications. My suggestion was for her to get fixed while they done the C-section with Morgan, but the doc talked her out of it. I just would not put her through another pregnancy either. We built a 3 bedrooom house and they are full now, so 2 is enough. Just got to hope to make it to NCAA tourney next year and get it done then I guess. Set in the recliner all weekend watching games with my pills against frozen pea bags.

Also guys don't trust the UID. My best friend's wife had one put in before they got married. He knocked her up on their honeymoon!
    Will do Stripes and that is an incredible idea for the NCAA tourney or maybe bowl week. I think that's what I'm gonna do.....
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    There's always a shot in the dark chance of these things happening. I've heard of women getting pregnant on the pill, condoms breaking or leaking, etc. IUD works for me and mine.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cant do it bowl week because our vacation board is locked down then due to the holidays, but the NCAA tourney may work out just right.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12