Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Something that bothers me

Just take a look at all the aid that has gone there and none of it getting to the people. PVVikeFan on the Cumberland forum was commenting on a trip he made through there and fields of new mobile homes that have never been used and going to waste.

[ QUOTE ]
    Still a lot of Katrina damage evident in some places, especially in Mississippi. In Hattiesburg I saw hundreds of singlewide trailers sitting in a field. Acres and acers of trailers, and I mean new ones, just sitting there not being used. Had to be some of the FEMA trailers I had heard about. What a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Shouldn't take more than 10 or 12 JDAM's to clean it right up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine the Bass lake that could be formed. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And that makes me wonder why they'd want to put mobile homes in hurricane alley!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was all about appearing to do something.

Those sorry excuses for human life are/were beyond helping. Just look at how they spent all of their 'free money' post-Katrina.

You had people who were living scot-free in hotels going out and using their .gov issued 'free money cards' to buy $1000 purses, booze, hookers, strippers, etc.

The entire post-Katrina 'rebuilding' effort is nothing but a giant boondoggle for the American taxpayers. Hear that giant sucking sound? It is coming from southern Louisiana and Mississippi.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My question is this....While I feel for the folks that last there homes in Katrina but how are they different than someone that loses there home in a house fire?

Really there is no difference... that is what I am saying we should help our own here in the good oh USA before we send millions to other countries. That would be like my family starving to death while I give a the money away... that is just not right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But how far should the Gov go? Should it not fall somewhat onto the person to have insurence or at least get the heck out of dodge when there is an evacuation?

Now I DO agree that the Gov had to step up and do something to relocat the folks that lost there homes and provide food, water and servised and help clear the streets and repare the infrastructer damage but the trailers IMHO would/should have been the responsability of the folks insurence or the very least the City

Is this a hard stance? Yes but you get to the point of not being able to draw a line if you do not stop it somewhere.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The beef I have with the entire NOLA situation is misappropriation of funds. Millions have been sent, much has been stolen, misused, misappropriated, etc. The primary ones to benefit from it have been the crooked fat cats. As a taxpayer, I don't see that it is my responsibilty to help them rebuild below sea level. Many liberals have the mindset that we must financially provide all things for everyone. I strongly disagree with that. Federal handouts must end at some point.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree to the point why the folks that lost there homes in Katrina are more deserving of my money than people who lose there home to a house fire or mud slide or sink hole.

But the shear volume of Katrina required lots of folks be transplanted and have food and water provided on a short term bases and I have no problem with that kind of aid but unless the Fed Gov is going to provide "Home Insurence" to every home in the USA I have a problem with them picking and chooseing who gets help and who does not

Just put as much effort into it as we do in other countries... that is all.

Should all have to suffer because of corruption in the leadership?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast