Thread: Welcome George

Welcome George

Chapter 3 I know we hate cut n paste, but this is kinda new-
    "The Navy warships went into defensive mode, radioed the usual warnings to steer clear, and in the end no shots were fired. U.S. military warships believe the Revolutionary Guard boats were "testing our defenses," the officials said.

Defense Department spokesman Bryan Whitman called it a "serious incident."? Another U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, called it "the most serious provocation of this sort that we've seen yet."?

Bush visiting region next week
    The incident raised new tensions between Washington and Tehran as President Bush prepared for his first major trip to the Middle East.

A statement issued by the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet in Bahrain said the incident occurred at about 8 a.m. local time Sunday as Navy cruiser USS Port Royal, destroyer USS Hopper and frigate USS Ingraham were on their way into the Persian Gulf and passing through the strait "? a major oil shipping route.

Five small boats began charging the U.S. ships, dropping boxes in the water in front of the ships and forcing the U.S. ships to take evasive maneuvers, said the Pentagon official. The boxes floated by, and officials said they didn't know what was in them because U.S. sailors didn't pick them up.

There were no injuries but the official said there could have been, because the Iranian boats turned away "literally at the very moment that U.S. forces were preparing to open fire"? in self defense.

The official, who asked to speak on grounds of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the issue publicly, said he didn't have the precise transcript of communications that passed between the two forces, but said the Iranians radioed something like "we're coming at you and you'll explode in a couple minutes."?

At the State Department, spokesman Sean McCormack said he was not aware of any plans to lodge a formal protest.

"Without specific reference to this incident in the Strait of Hormuz, the United States will confront Iranian behavior where it seeks to do harm either to us or to our friends and allies in the region,"? McCormack told reporters. "There is wide support for that within the region and certainly that's not going to change."?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22537199/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Welcome George

I saw that this morning. Not a great sign, but we should have drowned those warf rats while they gave us the chance and called it self defense as it would have been.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that this morning. Not a great sign, but we should have drowned those warf rats while they gave us the chance and called it self defense as it would have been.</div></div>

You'll have these liberals hunting you down.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Comparing that to Iraq is the same difference in starting a fight vs. defending yourself from someone...not even close.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its only time until our troops are in Iran.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the whole Middle East would make a GREAT parking lot. Once the radiation is gone..............

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a promoter of war/violence. However, it's evident that Islam was birthed in violence, propagated through violence, and sustained through violence. It is a violent religion, and not the peaceful religion with just a few despots that the liberal media would have us believe. However, there is a higher road than nuking them, I believe. Christ brought a different message (and I might add that Mohammed's message came hundreds of years later, mixing Christianity, Judaism, and his personal views of things). He was a renegade, and those who follow him most closely are renegades as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sister is married to a Muslim man from Turkey...and his religion isn't violent..nor his parents and so on. There are Christian extremists just the same as Muslim extreminst. It's not fair to lump all Muslims into one barrel.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....