Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

$10 million, you say?

http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.a...=703323&SMap=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(RTTNews) - Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's scathing remarks about Democratic nominee Barack Obama may have backfired, according to recent fundraising numbers reported by the Obama campaign.

Palin's remarks Wednesday capped a night of withering criticism of Obama from Republicans at the national convention, including former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.

However, the Obama campaign is reporting that donations have since flooded in from online donors, netting the campaign more than $10 million in the 24 hours after Palin's speech.

"Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected," Nick Shapiro, an Obama Campaign Spokesman told RTTNews by email Friday.

Palin, the little-known Republican Governor of Alaska who was the focus of intense media scrutiny in the days prior to her speech, accused Democrats of orchestrating a series of attacks on her in a fundraising pitch to supporters.

"Unfortunately, as you've seen this week, the Obama/Biden Democrats have been vicious in their attacks directed toward me, my family and John McCain. The misinformation and flat-out lies must be corrected," Palin said in an email.

That prompted an angry response from Obama spokesman Bill Burton, who said, "The only 'flat-out lie' is this ridiculous claim, and it proves that John McCain has wasted no time in teaching Sarah Palin the ways of the Washington he's inhabited for the last twenty-six years."

The McCain campaign could not immediately be reached for comment.

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: contact [email protected]</div></div>

Why thank you, Mrs. Palin. Your bitchiness comes in handy.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: $10 million, you say?

Yeah, tickles the crap out of me to see all those liberals burning up their cash like that. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hows it burning up cash? They are supporting the next President.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The more they spend, the less they'll have for the next liberal run at the White House.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When he wins he will already have the nomination for the next election so they wouldnt be donating half as much money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's going to take a lot more mudslinging at this point for McCain to win. I think people will realize, just as I have that McCain will be Bush's third term if elected. We will see what happens after the debates, but I'm pretty sure McCain will get owned on the issues that the GOP has been avoiding. I might be wrong, we will see though.

I like McCain, but he just doesn't know whats best for the economy and that's my biggest concern right now. When the occupation in Iraq is over, maybe then we can stop wasteful spending. Is McCain going to point himself out for wasteful spending with our occupation of Iraq like he has declared he will do to others?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, tickles the crap out of me to see all those liberals burning up their cash like that. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Who's spending public funds and who's spending donations?...nuff said
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....