Read this article carefully.....Then come back and post exactly which President put us in this tailspin over Credit....
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht...n=&pagewanted=1
Read this article carefully.....Then come back and post exactly which President put us in this tailspin over Credit....
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht...n=&pagewanted=1
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
From the date on the article, that would be Bill Clinton.
just read it
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
I did, that would be Bill Clinton, still.
The problem with Clinton is that it was to good, I don't have time to read that article but people got in over there heads and lived above there means. Times were bound to change, inflation sky rocketed under Clinton because everybody had money, it's skyrocketed under Bush because nobody has money.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
I listened to a news report on the radio where they said the economic problems or successes have very little to do with the President. There was an economics guy from some university, can't remember where, that said the the President has very little to do with this.
It was stated that the Pres. does have somewhat to do with it, but not as much as many think.
I know that all sounds vague. I just can't remember the details of what was being said. I just remember that part sticking out.
What a president does is to try to persuade congress to introduce legislation to influence the economy or he vetoes legislation he doesn't like. To me, that tells me the president has a lot to do with the economy.
Poor executive decisions can lead to economic downfall and the opposite is true as well.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read this article carefully.....Then come back and post exactly which President put us in this tailspin over Credit....
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht...n=&pagewanted=1 </div></div>
Check a little closer... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] The story refers to the 1980s bailout of the S&Ls , Reagan and his son's interest in the business. That is where it really started and where the group that is now rushing to aid their rich friends got their game plan. Dump it on the working class
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dump it on the working class
</div></div>
2/3's of the American workforce own stock and have retirement plans. Wall Street and the "rich guys" affect everything in America like it or not.
I don't want to bail them out either. I am going to have $50k+ worth of student loans when I graduate and highly doubt the government will bail me out. However, a lot of those "working class" folk lost a lot of money because Uncle Sam didn't do something help the market today. It's a necessary evil...
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Bookmarks