Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: protest in iraq

protest in iraq

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27835859
    "BAGHDAD - Thousands of followers of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr converged on a central Baghdad square Friday for a mass prayer to protest a proposed U.S.-Iraqi security pact.

The demonstrators waved Iraqi flags and green Shiite banners, chanting, "No, no to the American agreement!" and, "No, no to the agreement of humiliation!"

Iraq's parliament is expected to vote Monday on the plan to keep U.S. forces in Iraq for another three years. But the noisy opposition by the Sadrists indicates that even if it is approved, the deal could remain divisive in a country struggling for reconciliation."

You can't make these people happy, the USA is broke, cut the losses and bring the troops and everything they can lay hands on, home. You can't kill an idea, if Iraq wants to secure Iraq- let them have at it. The 10 billion a month this is costing us would pay for the bailout in 7 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: protest in iraq

I've said all along the Middle East would make a GREAT place for a parking lot. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

or just a big hole in the ground.

Pull the guys out/back and kill them all. I hate to see anybody die, but this kicking in doors and house-to-house is not my idea of how to do this. They already hate the US, smoke them or leave.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was "doing my thing" for Uncle we had a saying 'Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I'm sure others who served in that era know that saying well. We tried but I swear I think they multiplied over night. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

As far as I can understand, we don't train peacekeepers- we train killers. If the killing is over, let the Iraqi police keep the peace. Used to have a vid saved where the two guys were doing "Allah Akbar"( or however you spell it) and making fun of the fat American checking traffic. What they didn't know was chubby was a skinny kid with a flak jacket. They shot him and went wild, and died as he got up and his friends opened fire. They did shoot a pretty god vid beforehand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If ya wanna play ya gotta be willin' to pay [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

True, but it highlighted what a position we were putting our troops in. Standing in the middle of an intersection, and not a soul speaking English.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know. It's a terrible situation. Nobody is doing enough to keep our troops safe. Never have, probably never will. The whole region is not worth the price of one single US life.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's muslims for ya you give and give and give and they [censored] and [censored] and [censored]. I say we leave and hope a country that's not full of a bunch of pussies will go in and teach em a lesson
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast