Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lol big shocker...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    A good example of how completely out of control things are.

Seriously, who here has an extra $22,800 a year laying around for insurance. Don't forget you'll still have to foot the deductible plus a percent of any bills.

I'm thinking there might be a small margin for profit in that...........................
    This man knows math, unlike many others who debate health insurance reform (not health care reform, mind you).

You know what the problem is? It's like the whole stimulus package, things getting "too big to fail". Well, if we put major restrictions as a government on insurance companies' profits, that's going to cost a bunch of people their jobs. Why? Because we've let insurance companies do whatever they've wanted for so long, that they've grown to the point of being a staple in our society, employing several hundred-thousand people and being a major economic driver.

You're gonna see the problem of insurance companies cutting jobs if/when restrictions are put on, because their big wigs won't want to slash their profits/salaries/bonuses. And then all the anti-regulatory people will say it's because of the restrictions, not because of the CEO's greed.

If it ain't one thing, it's another.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    This man knows math, unlike many others who debate health insurance reform (not health care reform, mind you).

You know what the problem is? It's like the whole stimulus package, things getting "too big to fail". Well, if we put major restrictions as a government on insurance companies' profits, that's going to cost a bunch of people their jobs. Why? Because we've let insurance companies do whatever they've wanted for so long, that they've grown to the point of being a staple in our society, employing several hundred-thousand people and being a major economic driver.

You're gonna see the problem of insurance companies cutting jobs if/when restrictions are put on, because their big wigs won't want to slash their profits/salaries/bonuses. And then all the anti-regulatory people will say it's because of the restrictions, not because of the CEO's greed.

If it ain't one thing, it's another.
    Just a tidbit about the stimulus package...an article last week said the government had already recouped over 85% of the money that was spent on the stimulus, and expect to collect all but less than 5% of it by the end of the year.
    As for the insurance companies...there's a difference in profit and rape, plunder, and pillage.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, most of the money that was sent has been returned, then 1/3 was tax cuts for the ones that need it. The stimulus has worked, whether people want to admit it or not, it's worked and will continue to work.

I wish we got the public option, but the more I learn about this bill, the more I like it. It's got some great things in it, I just don't get the opposition, it just backs up what I already...they don't have a clue about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12