Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ken Cuccinelli...

actually makes me ashamed to be a Virginian. With this HC lawsuit, immigration junk, the new gun laws and pretty much everything him and Bobby has done is embarrassing. We have this idiot, bigot on TV bringing this much negative attention to this state. Also read where he was a birther too, then supports repealing the 14th amendment. I thought Bob was bad with his ridiculous budget cuts to the ones who need it most, but Ken makes me sick.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ken Cuccinelli...

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    actually makes me ashamed to be a Virginian. With this HC lawsuit, immigration junk, the new gun laws and pretty much everything him and Bobby has done is embarrassing. We have this idiot, bigot on TV bringing this much negative attention to this state. Also read where he was a birther too, then supports repealing the 14th amendment. I thought Bob was bad with his ridiculous budget cuts to the ones who need it most, but Ken makes me sick.
    You may not like the cuts but McDonald has the state back in the black while the rest of the country is not doing so well

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    You may not like the cuts but McDonald has the state back in the black while the rest of the country is not doing so well
    That he does. In times like we have now, we need a good conservative voice for our state.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    You sound just like the Dixie Chicks of a few years ago. If you are that ashamed of being a Virginian because of just one man, then were you that ashamed of being an American back during the Bush years? Sounds like you would be. Just a guess, though. Never be ashamed of your heritage or your roots.

You have some good posts on here, but this is one that I think you will soon regret saying. You would make an excellent politician with that attitude.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    Says who? McDonnell? We have been much better off than the rest of the country the entire recession, we were like 1 of 3 states to grow in 08' and unemployment was always much lower than the national average the entire time. Anyone forget about that stimulus money we got and still spending? Whoever got in there had to make budget cuts and would end in the same result, he cut them in about every area that not only didn't need to be cut, but needed more funding.The programs for the poor, education etc.

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    That he does. In times like we have now, we need a good conservative voice for our state.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    You sound just like the Dixie Chicks of a few years ago. If you are that ashamed of being a Virginian because of just one man, then were you that ashamed of being an American back during the Bush years? Sounds like you would be. Just a guess, though. Never be ashamed of your heritage or your roots.

You have some good posts on here, but this is one that I think you will soon regret saying. You would make an excellent politician with that attitude.

I don't regret it at all really, these guys have made it embarrassing to say I'm from Virginia at the moment with all of the negative attention they have brought the state with their ridiculous moves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, there is a very simple solution to your problem, you could leave the state and move to a state like Arizona, or better yet, move to D.C. both places could use people like you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not like they make me regret being born here, just they are an embarrassment at the time and make me ashamed. From the Confederate History Month, to the HC lawsuit, to the talks about the immigration law like Arizona's, to the idiotic changes to the gun laws, to the bigoted letter he sent out to the colleges in VA, to UVA petitioning Ken for his stunt he pulled with the climate change scientist, not to mention Ken's a birther and pushes abstinence only programs here. That's all nothing bu embarrassing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=R13;1831501]Says who? McDonnell? We have been much better off than the rest of the country the entire recession[QUOTE]

Actualy the state accounting dept and yes while Va has not been cut as deep as other states during this downturn it was still dealing with budget shortfalls as opposed to this years surplus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the key is to make sure it's known that you're proud to be a citizen of the US and have pride in the state you're born/living in, but to differentiate that from the leadership/direction that you disagree with.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    I think the key is to make sure it's known that you're proud to be a citizen of the US and have pride in the state you're born/living in, but to differentiate that from the leadership/direction that you disagree with.
    Just pointed out that I think it is wrong to say you are ashamed of being from somewhere and the be proud of your heritage regardless of your leadership. Let me put it this way. Are you proud to be a part of your family? I certainly am, just as I am proud to be from Virginia and The United States. To me, denouncing one is just as bad as denouncing your family heritage.

This is something that has separated this country for years from other countries. One of the reasons I refuse to call someone and African American, Mexican American or whatever you are. To me you are American and to state you are ashamed to be associated with any part of your country, means you are just ashamed of being American.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast