Thread: Controversial photos hurting politicians...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Controversial photos hurting politicians...

Can't seem to find Krystal Ball's photo's, been looking

In an age when anyone can snap a photo and quickly disseminate it to the masses, politicians are discovering that their candid pictures can become just-as-instant fodder for controversy.

On Monday night, Maine Democrat Libby Mitchell, a candidate for governor, apologized for a photo that showed her laughing while holding a framed document that included a photo labeling George W. Bush "international terrorist."

The state Democratic Party told the Associated Press that the picture showed a lighthearted moment in a private home.

A Mitchell statement quoted by WMTW-TV said: "After seeing this picture for the first time tonight, I regret the possible disrespect it may show to the office of the president. I am very sorry for having posed with this item."

[Rewind: Egyptian paper doctors Obama photo]

The Mitchell flap is the latest in a series of furors over politicians caught on film in embarrassing and/or unguarded moments:

Krystal Ball's racy photos: Ball, a Democratic candidate for the U.S. House in Virginia, expressed outrage last week when bloggers posted photos from seven years ago showing Ball in a sexy outfit and imitating sex acts (while clothed) at a private Christmas party. Ball wrote for Huffington Post about the experience, saying she's "embarrassed" because she's shy, not because she believes she did anything wrong. Ball, a software designer, has labeled the scandal a sexist attack. The blogger who originally posted the photos has since removed them. For all the embarrassment and uproar, the incident has launched Ball from a virtual unknown onto a national platform.

Richard Iott's Nazi costume: The Atlantic published a photo last week of Iott wearing a Nazi officer's uniform, and the picture quickly created a media firestorm. The Republican candidate for Ohio's 9th District House seat defended his participation in World War II re-enactments: He said they were merely educational outings he originally pursued as a "bonding experience" with his son, and he stressed that he is in no way a Nazi sympathizer. But the photos of Iott's re-enactment activities have roused the ire of critics -- including some members of his own party. Republican House Majority Whip Eric Cantor, who is Jewish, repudiated Iott's Nazi re-enactments and said he would "not support an individual who would do something like that."

[Video: Candidate battles embarrassing witchcraft comments from past]

South Carolina GOP group's Confederate/antebellum party: Leading South Carolina Republicans showed up to a National Federation of Republican Women event last month dressed in Confederate costumes. State political blogs republished Facebook pictures of the event, including one of state Senate Leader Glenn McConnell in Confederate military regalia, posing with a black man and woman wearing "antebellum" attire. In the ensuing controversy, McConnell spelled out the idea behind the event -- and why he, personally, found nothing offensive in the display. He told the Post and Courier newspaper that the party honored the state's heritage, adding that he would not "sanitize history" simply to be perceived as politically correct.

Controversial photos put politicians on defense this season | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Controversial photos hurting politicians...

(9 KINKY PHOTOS) Democratic Candidate Krystal Ball: XXX-Mas Party Dominatrix and Sex Toys… ? A Ct Patriot's Blog

FOUND EM FOR YA!

BTW they aren't that bad IMO.. I mean who really cares about the pictures, people do crazy things sometimes.. It's called being human, politicians should try it sometimes instead of acting like its the worse thing in the world being photographed having fun.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice! She's a dumbass though, yes I know she's a dem., these pics aren't the reason for that really. She's running a pretty bad campaign, really all kinds of shady stuff going on with it, embarrassed she's running as a member of my party, in my state.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pictures are nothing IMO. Acts going along with odd pictures paint more of a reason for concern.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this has nothing to do with the politics of the matter..... but Krystal Ball..... I'd totally hit that!!!
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]