0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: A starting point

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Real progress from these two, huh?
    Coburn: Health care debate will continue ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

More bipartisanship too...

Congressman attempts to block ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ repeal – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It's pretty bad on both sides, but there's one party that attempts to block every single thing no matter how common sense it is or how good it is for the country. Of course it's happens with some pieces of legislation on both sides just voting no for the hell of it, but never has it been this bad with one party.

To say it has been worse with one party rather than an other is just a slight of who you don't like. Over history, both have been terrible for it as you partially mentioned.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    To say it has been worse with one party rather than an other is just a slight of who you don't like. Over history, both have been terrible for it as you partially mentioned.
    No, no it's not. Look at the number of filibustering and partisan attempts to derail/block everything put forth, it's one party and it's on a much higher level ever seen. You're just trying to defend it because it's the party you DO like who's done a massive amount of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is the party I have generally sided with in the past. I do not like either one though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you want to put it that way, but from what you post, you're strong conservative and definitely republican.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wont disagree with that, but I have also been very disappointed in how things have been handled by all, and would love nothing more than to have a couple of new quality parties come forward to bring about more medial ideas, and actually accomplish something that will help our nation, and do it the proper way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And then what? They turn into the same parties we have now, plus having to pander to the same people and same issues. In a perfect world, that would be great, but in a perfect world we wouldn't have problems with these guys.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It would still happen to a point, but if we had say 4 major parties, the odds are there would have to be more joint discussions to make things happen. More concessions would then be made from all sides to produce more middle ground which is generally best for our country.

Although for the most part of my life I have sided with Republicans, I have always felt it is best for one party to be in control of the Executive Branch and the opposite in the Legislative to keep things balanced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12