Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pending Shutdown

Let me start by saying that I put this on the non sports forum as I don't feel this is a political subject.

I have two daughters, one married to an army officer, the other married to an air force sergeant. Both of these fine young men stand to lose their paychecks because of this current budget crisis. Not only that, but the commisary, which one of my daughters depend on while in germany along with the DOD school my grandchildren attend, are scheduled to be closed if either this budget, or a "stop-gap" resolution isn't passed. All this time, my sons-in-law will still proudly serve, not just because they are required to, but because of their sense of responsibility. Even though I do favor along the line of being conservative and do believe that we need to bring our budget under control, I don't believe we need to hold the lives of our servicemen and women in such a way as to reduce their morale even further. Afterall, what is going through the minds of the ones who are on the battlefield? They don't need to worry about if their family is being taken care of.

Just letting people out there know that the shut down will hit closer to home than the average person thinks. Let's all hope that congress gets its act together and passes a budget to keep paying our servicemen and women.

Last of all, I know that certain individuals will be jumping on here wanting to blame one group or another, please don't do that. It, in reality is all of congress's fault for this predicament.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pending Shutdown

I'm not blaming either side, what I am going to say is that neither of your s-i-l's will stop getting a paycheck with a .gov shutdown. The only things that will be stopped are non-essentials, military not being one of those. The biggest majority of people won't even know it's happening and won't really be effected at all. Does anyone even remember the same thing happening in 1995-96?
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

might want to read further, Beast...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/shutd...ry?id=13308591

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What I was trying to say is that they aren't going to "lose their paycheck" they will still get it but it will/could be delayed. I would guarantee if nothing else gets decided money will be appropriated for the military so this wouldn't be a problem. Neither side wants anything to do with anything negatively effecting the military.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This whole shutdown crap is a bunch of bull****. I leave next week to go to ****ing afghanistan and they pull this **** and expect us to go over there and do our ****ing job its just rediculous. My next paycheck will be a whole 332 dollars since we are only getting a weeks worth of pay. Hell i have bills that wont be able to get paid on time cause this ****. Obama ****ed the military over when he vetoed the bill to keep military pay during the shutdown. We wont get another check until the shutdown is over. They better pay us god ****ed interest on the money they owe us cause if they over pay us they charge us interest to payback to them. This whole situation has but a lot of military families in a lot of trouble in my unit during the mosst stressful time of being in the army(deployment).
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As usual, the 'facta' being pased around are ass backwards. This didn't just come out of nowhere, its already been delayed twice with him signing these temp bills and here we are again. He's not vetoed anything and its him and his party reaching out and bending over backwards to compromise...thank the tea baggers and the gop for not budging andTrying to cut programs altogether that hurt millions, not delaying one check for 3-4 days, which affects might effect my household being my mother is a fed employee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The troops have already been told that their normal payday will be interrupted if the budget is not passed or a stop-gap is not signed. The commissaries will shut down as of tomorrow morning. The commissary shutdown would be a huge problem, especially for people living overseas with families. If the families have to go out on the economy, it will cost them roughly twice as much for food, etc. For instance, a gallon of milk at the commissary cost 2.75 a gallon, Translate that to the local german economy and that translates to 5.50 a gallon. And forget buying gas for your car over there, it is near 6 bucks a gallon.

And to answer r13, it is both sides fault. Not just one. This is a time when both sides should be blamed. A government shutdown shows a total lack of responsibility on both sides: One side for letting the budget get out of hand, the other for demanding too many cuts at once.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

NO this is the dems they did not pass abudget for 2011 they just contnued spending. Check Bortz for that info an confirm. now the dems are turning it on th GOP when they have not did anything in 1 1/2 years.
    5'10 210 of twisted steel and sex appeal!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's one group protesting the shutdown and another outside chanting 'shut it down, shut it down'. There's also polls that show one side that really isn't against it shutting /doesnt want their party to budge and the other is against the shut down and wants theirs to compromise....guess whicn one is which? Both have SOME blame, but it leans to one side who doesn't want to compromise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shutdown avoided!
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast