Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pending Shutdown

Check Bortz for that info an confirm.
    Check with a guy who wrote a book called "The Terrible Truth About Liberals" to find out if he thinks it's the Dems fault for something? I'll get right on to that, thanks.

Moving to the Politics board.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Washington (CNN) – Who won last week's showdown over the federal budget and the government shutdown-that-wasn't?

It looks like the public gives the Democrats more credit for the deal than the Republicans, but it's nothing like the slam-dunk that Bill Clinton scored during the 1995 government shutdown, and it certainly has not been reflected in President Barack Obama's overall approval rating, according to a new national poll.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Monday indicates that the budget agreement that prevented a government shutdown is popular, with Americans supporting it by a 58 to 38 percent margin. But there's a partisan divide, with two-thirds of Democrats and a majority of independent voters backing the deal, and Republicans divided.

Read full results HERE.

By a 48 to 35 percent margin, the public thinks Democrats are more responsible than the GOP for the late Friday night agreement, which prevented a shutdown of some government services and offices. And according to the survey, which was conducted Saturday and Sunday, 54 percent say they approve of how the president handled the budget negotiations, compared to only 44 percent who approve of how the Republican leaders in Congress handled themselves last week.

But this doesn't mean Obama gets a political boost from the deal.

"The president's overall approval rating is now 48 percent; in late March, that figure was 51 percent. This is the first time this year that a CNN poll has found his overall approval rating below 50 percent," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "And although President Obama has a ten-point advantage over the GOP leaders on how their handling of the budget negotiations, that's nothing compared to the 30-point advantage President Bill Clinton had over House Speaker Newt Gingrich after the budget showdown in November, 1995."

Back then, 49 percent approved of how Clinton handled those negotiations; only 19 percent approved of how Gingrich handled the deal making.

Speaking of approval ratings, 41 percent approve of how current House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio is handling his duties. Forty-four percent of people questioned say they disapprove of how Boehner's doing as Speaker, with a relatively high 15 percent sure. Significantly for Boehner, 66 percent of Republicans and 61 percent of Tea Party movement supporters think he is doing a good job as Speaker.

"Nonetheless, the GOP rank and file appears to be a bit restless about Friday's budget agreement, while Democrats don't have the same concerns. Did the GOP leaders give up too much in the budget agreement? Only 25 percent of all Americans think so, but that figure rises to 50 percent among all Republicans," says Holland. "Did Obama and the Democrats in Congress give up too much? Only a third of Democrats feel that way."

What about the non-budgetary issues that suddenly became so important in last week's endgame?

The poll indicates that two-thirds think that the federal government should continue to provide funding to Planned Parenthood, although six in ten continue to oppose using public funds for abortions for women who cannot afford them. Currently, federal law prevents any federal funds from being spent on abortions.

According to the survey, seven in ten think the government should continue to provide funds for the Environmental Protection Agency to enforce regulations on greenhouse gases, and only four in ten would favor legislation to prevent the government from spending money to implement the new health care law that Obama signed last year.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...down/?hpt=Sbin

And the tea-baggers hated the deal/compromise, yet it was Obama's fault? lol

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...arty-movement/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's also kind of funny that the military is so "pissed" at Obama, when he just got them a pay raise last year I believe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Washington (CNN) ? Who won last week's showdown over the federal budget and the government shutdown-that-wasn't?
    fucking hell this is the shit that absolutely kills me. THIS SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT WINNING, IT SHOULD BE ABOUT FIXING THIS COUNTRY. (not directed to you R13, you didnt write the article)

If these two jackassed fucked up parties could come together and work together we could dig ourselves out of a hole, but no, its all about pride and seeing who can shove their cock the furthest up the others ass and get a laugh out of it. We are going straight to shit and nobody cares because of foolish pride.
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well it was CNN that did that, it really wasn't winning the thing, but who was seen more in a positive light based on their willingness to compromise - and that was the dems like I said.

Of course the tea-baggers are pissed, Stewart hit it on the head last night on his show when he was talking about that and acted like them saying "Oh, hmmm, I can't support this deal, it didn't fuck enough poor people" or something like that. I'm just going to post their vids from the shows on here from now on.

Some hilarious quotes coming up here in a little while.

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's also kind of funny that the military is so "pissed" at Obama, when he just got them a pay raise last year I believe.
    Doesn't matter what Obamasiah did last year when this is happening.

\

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    Doesn't matter what Obamasiah did last year when this is happening.

\
    And what's he doing now that would turn them against him?

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And what's he doing now that would turn them against him?
    Well this may be debatable but if he's screwing them over or they think he's screwing them over then it doesn't mater. If someone is screwing you then it doesn't matter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The military didn't like it while Bush screwed us either if we could just get in a few more tax cuts....wait somebody said that tax cuts would increase the amount of money for the gov....
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12