Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GOPer gem thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    A very good example of how voters were trapped with a damned if you do, damned if you don't vote last year. I was glad Obama won. I still don't see what other alternative we were given. I am also very, very, very disappointed in his performance as president, and I'm certainly not alone in that view.
    Exactly. I wasn't feeling great about any of our options in 2008. I hope their better in 2012, but I doubt it.

R13 do you expect Clinton to replace Biden on the ticket?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Are you sure you can say he is a bigger supporter? Seems like both are pretty much for it the same amount, and the ideas sure didn't benefit McCain any, but he didn't put his feet down in the area and proclaim to be for the coal producers, yet support legislation that can hinder our area.
    Yup, he's been proposing cap and trade legislation for 8 years, Obama never even really pushed it - he certainly mentioned it, but was never anything close to a big priority. And I don't remember that speech with him listing all of what he'd do for that industry at all, in the lebanon or bristol appearance, so I'm not getting the contradiction? That legislation gives these companies big incentives for reducing their emissions and allows them to sell their permits to other companies too, the caps would be lowered over decades, not next year or anything. That whole bill creates a lot of jobs anyway, the green jobs that will be here much longer than the coal will be. As someone who has a family full of miners and retired miners, we need to get away from it as much as possible, there's a reason this area is the way it is now...coal runs out, its never something to base your entire economy around and that's what we did.

And no, no chance at all of Clinton replacing Biden.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt anybody understood anything he said in Bristol

YouTube - Obama can't talk without reading a script
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    That whole bill creates a lot of jobs anyway, the green jobs that will be here much longer than the coal will be. As someone who has a family full of miners and retired miners, we need to get away from it as much as possible, there's a reason this area is the way it is now...coal runs out, its never something to base your entire economy around and that's what we did.

And no, no chance at all of Clinton replacing Biden.
    I thought we had enough coal to last another 100-200 years here in America?

I had saw rumors of Clinton possibly replacing Biden. It would make sense to me given Biden is as much of a hinderance as he is a help.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    So I just can't keep it in anymore, those quotes I posted earlier were not from Senator/Presidential hopeful Barack Obama...they were from Senator/Presidential hopeful John McCain, from a stump speech in Nevada and his campaign website in 2008. What most people around here don't know is that McCain has been a big proponent of cap and trade legislation for years, before Obama was even in the Senate he was pushing for it. But people don't care enough to check the facts, they just assumed McCain was against it, when really he's a bigger supporter of it then Obama.
    cant keep it in anymore? was this supposed to be some kind of ploy to make me say oh gyah gyah i hate cap and trade blah blah blah, when in reality I never said it was such a horrible thing............ WHEN WE HAVE BETTER TECHNOLOGY. fact is, right now coal powers this country and thats the way it is. BTW, I agree, Mccain was big on cap and trade, thats not really a surprise to anyone, so what exactly were you trying to prove?
    Cant we all just get along?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh and BTW, the quotes i posted WERE from Sen. Obama, I was wondering why you were straying so far away from what i was talking about anyway. I simply made the point that he came to russel county claiming to back the coal industry and he clearly doesnt. You asked me to provide you Info on how he lied when he came here, and I clearly did that.
    Cant we all just get along?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast