Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GOPer gem thread....

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I thought we had enough coal to last another 100-200 years here in America?

I had saw rumors of Clinton possibly replacing Biden. It would make sense to me given Biden is as much of a hinderance as he is a help.
    In SWVA?

I wish, I wished that way back before he picked Biden, but IMO it was really sort of paying her back for the campaign she ran against him. He picked him to balance the ticket on mainly foreign policy, but now that Clinton has some experience there, it would be perfect for her to be...but it's not happening. Him replacing Biden would be jumped on by every GOP contender/pundit/politician in the country too. Biden talks too much, that's his problem. He's very intelligent and experienced, he just keeps rambling on until he says something dumb, but he's not the least bit unqualified for the position. A political liability sometimes, but he's no Palin in the sense of everyone should gtfo if something happened to Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    cant keep it in anymore? was this supposed to be some kind of ploy to make me say oh gyah gyah i hate cap and trade blah blah blah, when in reality I never said it was such a horrible thing............ WHEN WE HAVE BETTER TECHNOLOGY. fact is, right now coal powers this country and thats the way it is. BTW, I agree, Mccain was big on cap and trade, thats not really a surprise to anyone, so what exactly were you trying to prove?

oh and BTW, the quotes i posted WERE from Sen. Obama, I was wondering why you were straying so far away from what i was talking about anyway. I simply made the point that he came to russel county claiming to back the coal industry and he clearly doesnt. You asked me to provide you Info on how he lied when he came here, and I clearly did that.
    It wasn't really directed towards you at all, just the fact I had get it out.

You haven't proved anything about how he lied, there has to be a lie. I'm pretty sure all he talked about in Lebanon was this very thing, I know for sure he talked about implementing clean coal technology. It's not like he started this whole thing, the Supreme Court did that. The bill isn't anti-coal, it's only aim is lowering pollution, not "lets stop coal". The cap and trade part was only a small part of the actual bill to begin with. The bill mostly is for creating green-jobs and improving the environment, because coal plants aren't exactly eco-friendly and would have to cut down on their emissions...doesn't mean anyone is trying to shut them down. With Bouchers amendments and negotiations that did things like lowering the cap from 20% to 17%, making the permits free and providing 2 billion tons in offsets (for example the companies can invest in rainforest projects that offset what they are emitting)...the bill really would have little effects on the companies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mitt's recent gem, Obama's "peacetime spending" is out of control.
    Romney: Obama responsible for huge `peacetime’ spending binge - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Trump is a complete joke, really going to have a speech full of f-bombs and wants to be president? It wouldn't matter if it was an accident, who cares, but actually having it in your speech? lmao
    Trump’s f-bomb tirade – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Palin mocking Couric, even though the woman never did anything to her but ask her simple questions and because she's so clueless and couldn't answer...Couric is just some liberal biased reporter?
    Palin mocks Couric over CBS exit – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Still trying to attack the Wisconsin workers fighting for their rights, GOP state Senator gets his windshield cracked from a rock while driving and claimed the protesters vandalized his car.
    PolitiFact Wisconsin | Wisconsin Sen. Dan Kapanke says protesters at the Capitol damaged the windshield of his car

A few recent ones, not 3 year old youtube vids about dumb slip ups, probably look up some more tonight

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't say in SWVA, but in America. Although a good percentage will still come from the Appalachian region, and plenty is still able to be mined here. Our fearless leader was the one who stated America still had 100-200 years worth of coal production available.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234