Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me...

Tell me...

We are discussing Denominations right? Can anyone tell me truely what your denominations creed is? What you all believe?Or is that just the church denomination that you grew up in?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tell me...

I can't really tell the creed of my denomination. But like I said in the other thread I look at the heart and soul of the person that they are "Saved by grace through Faith, and washed in the blood"
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly Beast. There are too much politics that go on even around here within some demoninations. Its quite sad at times.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Never been to a traditional church that wasn't politically operated to some degree. Man supporting man, man coming against man for selfish purposes, etc. The traditional church is man's church...has nothing to do with the church spoken of in Scriptures.

Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The word denomination only applies to the Protestant branches of Christianity.
    But like the Beast said, judge a man by his heart. I'm dating a girl who's Protestant and wouldn't trade her for the world.

I'm Catholic. Our Creed (which I've heard some Protestant Churches use as well):

Apostle's Creed

This creed arose out of the early Western church and should be thought of as a summary of the Apostles' teaching rather than directly attributable to them. Originally it was essentially a baptismal confession and had several variations. The form in use today dates from the eighth century.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth,
    and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
    Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.
    He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
    whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church,
    the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

Amen.

or another variation also used by the Catholic Church,

The Nicene Creed - which was written in response to Gnosticism, which was some jumbled philosophical mess when other Christians started arising who couldn't decide how much "Divine" and how much "Man" Jesus was

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But of course those are just the very root basics of accepting the Catholic Faith. Most Catholics to be perfectly honest don't understand everything (not even close) about the the Catholic Faith (myself included).

But as long as you try your best to live by the Golden rule that will get you far. Granted we have libraries of philosophy and doctrine and an infrastructure stronger than a lot of governments, which make Catholics an easy target when people want to start making assumptions about we believe in, because frankly, most of us can't really give a good answer.

So issues like veneration (not worship) or Saints, the place of the Pope, the esteem (not worship) of Mary can get easily twisted by hot and fiery speech from someone who wants to talk down about Catholics - especially when most Catholics haven't read up enough to be Apologistic (i.e. to defend the Faith).
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!

The point was we follow denominationalism... when we should be following Jesus... the Bible teaches that we should be ready to give an account of what we believe and why...just an example: If I call myself a Baptist should I not be ready to tell people why I believe the way that I do?

That is true... so does the other one think they are the true church? Denomionations are man made... and some say why can we not just worship together because we believe in the same God... well here is some reasons why we have not been able to... first the way a church conducts the service.. some do not like modern worship they only like hyms and viseversa.... some believe in the Baptism of the holyspirit ( Pentecostals teach this) most do not... including me because the Bible does not teach it... if you think it does show me... i have studied it for 4 years.. bring it.. ha ha... some Baptize under water and some only sprinkle... the Bible teaches submersion... I guess some people do not want their hair messed up.. ha ha... get what I am saying? These are silly but they are true.

Do we have the same understanding that salvation is having a repented life and saved life?... We must live by what God says... not a preacher or a pope.. or anyone else.. so if aparticular denominations have added to their doctrine and it is not referenced in the Bible... why do we adhere to it? Being a Baptist or Methodist will not take you to heaven it is your personal relationship with God and being born again..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I agree with that definition of salvation.

Do you seriously think that Catholics follow the commands of priests and popes blindly?

not worth my time... seriously stop with the Catholic bashing

I ask for respect for my Faith, that's it.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast