Thread: Hows this

Hows this

Im a post a loaded question.
    You guys respond.

I think people get caught up in trying to spread the word and in the process turn people away. A wise man once tole me that, you do not want to turn people away with your passion, thats just a suggestion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hows this

I totally agree, passion can be blinding, look at crimes of passion, same goes with sharing your faith. IMHO, I think that respect and a genuine interest in what the other person believes speak more about the Christ-like character that people should posess if they are going witness to someone than being so passionate about telling someone they are going to hell or they are outright wrong in their beliefs.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

I agree somewhat with your response. There is a different approach that you would use one on one verses teaching from the pulpit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The old adage of catching more flies with honey than with vinegar, applies here, IMO.
    If someone is talking to me about their beliefs but is not willing to hear mine or to even respect the fact that I have a different perspective than what they see, then conversation over. It takes a whole lot of people to make a world. Different does not mean wrong, stop thinking that this world is an either/or situation and look at things from a both/and perspective.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

I always have had good conversation with a person who knows more about these things than most do. He has helped me through many things, we often talk about how the "fire and brimstone" approach is often more difficult than telling of the love of GOD. I can say that I have heard more about Hell, the Devil and everything that I shouldnt do rather than the love, caring, charity and the hope in the good I should try to do.

[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Are we trying to stay out of hell or get into Heaven?

I think both is needed... we just need to discern when.

Both

Is that not the same?

Inactive Member
    Hows this

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He must be Catholic and going to purgatory [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]