Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is right?

Who is right?

On another post I was reading a comment was made that "every religion serves the same God". Well I do not believe this is true. Do we realize that Christianity is the only religion to have claimed that it's Savior Jesus Christ has risen from the dead? No other religion says this, not Buddah, Not Ali... no one. So if this is the case answer this question for me: If they pray to a God that was not resurrected how are their prayers heard and answered?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who is right?

Playing the devil's advocate here

Wasn't there recently a special about finding the tomb of Jesus?

I agree that Jesus Christ is the only religion that can say that, but how much of a leap is it for another religion to say he never did and its all a lie?

Understand what I'm saying, if you were raised in another religion, you would have 'proof' with things about it, you would have 'things that proved other religions wrong' and you would have as much faith with regards to that religion as you do yours currently.

Christians die and go to Heaven, sinners go to Hell. Do you have proof of that? Yes you can quote the Bible, they can quote the Koran and say they go to spend eternity with 40 virgins or whatever. You have not came back from dying, and said oh I went to Heaven, so its true, just like they haven't came back from the dead and said yep all the virgins were there.

Faith. In both.

We can say we have proof, they can say they have proof, and the ones we believe in, are based on what we grew up in, what we studied or how we chose to live.

You mention praying to a God that isn't resurrected, how are they heard and answered. So by that logic, a Muslim has never prayed to Allah and had their prayers answered? I'm fairly confident that the 911 terrorists prayed to Allah for them to strike at the heart of the infidels. Did their prayer get answered? I'm fairly sure that several Christians died in the 911 attacks, and that some in their last seconds prayed that God save them, and did not. So in that scenario, who had their prayers answered?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Wasn't there recently a special about finding the tomb of Jesus?

I agree that Jesus Christ is the only religion that can say that, but how much of a leap is it for another religion to say he never did and its all a lie? (Quote by Rocketer)

You are right anyone can say anything... They can say that Jesus was never crucified nor raised from the dead... but he was and because they say that does change anything. You can say to me that the sky is yellow.. then I go outside to see that it is blue with clouds in it.

Christians die and go to Heaven, sinners go to Hell. Do you have proof of that? Yes you can quote the Bible, they can quote the Koran and say they go to spend eternity with 40 virgins or whatever. You have not came back from dying, and said oh I went to Heaven, so its true, just like they haven't came back from the dead and said yep all the virgins were there. (Quote from Rocketer)

I have had many testimonies of people dying and seeing hell and heaven... but they were brought back to tell their story.

You mention praying to a God that isn't resurrected, how are they heard and answered. So by that logic, a Muslim has never prayed to Allah and had their prayers answered? I'm fairly confident that the 911 terrorists prayed to Allah for them to strike at the heart of the infidels. Did their prayer get answered? I'm fairly sure that several Christians died in the 911 attacks, and that some in their last seconds prayed that God save them, and did not. So in that scenario, who had their prayers answered? (quote from Rocketer)

Well whoever Allah is is not the same Character that one reads about God in the Bible... It is more of the Devils characteristics...... God allows things sometimes... did good people die in 911? Yes they did and why I could not tell you. It rains on the just and the unjust. It was more the the Devil attacking Gods work and his people in my opinion. Who got their prayers answered? I would have to say it was not the Muslims because God would have never answered such a request. Listen... a lot of people have gained wealth by cheating... does that mean that God caused them to get rich? No. In case we did not know it.. there is a war between good and evil going on.... but thank God good will win... even though sometimes it does not look that way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you realize how much you prove the point I just made?

[ QUOTE ]
    They can say that Jesus was never crucified nor raised from the dead... but he was and because they say that does change anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

The very same thing can be said to you, and about Christianity. Just because you say he was, how do you prove it? Because you read it in a book, written by men? Multiple men. Look at the gospels, how certain events, written by 2 people are recorded or viewed slightly differently. Ok, go 'prove to me' that Christ was crucified or rose from the dead. No, don't get the Bible, prove it to me. I mean someone who wants to argue the point can say that they just found the tomb of Jesus, so if he had a tomb, how did he accend to Heaven?

So someone who died and went to Heaven was brought back to tell their story. If thats the case, why doesn't God just open Heaven and prove it. Wouldn't that be more reliable than someone who died and seen Heaven? Guess what, there have been people brought back who died and seen nothing. So because the ones brought back who saw Heaven fit in with your beliefs, they are credible, but the others who don't fit your beliefs, aren't credible?

Now then you're most ridiculous comment
    [ QUOTE ]
    Allah is is not the same Character that one reads about God in the Bible... It is more of the Devils characteristics

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you're downing another religion, because it doesn't fit with what you think you know or believe. Second then, you're using the Bible as a reference BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THAT. They can quote the Koran the same way BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THAT. You say that Allah is like the devil, couldn't they say the same thing back about Jesus?

[ QUOTE ]
    Who got their prayers answered? I would have to say it was not the Muslims because God would have never answered such a request

[/ QUOTE ]

God would never answer such a request. Did they not succeed? Did they not strike at the heart of the great Satan, the US? You're right, God wouldn't answer such a request, but to them, Allah did.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're point of reference is the Bible, their point of reference is the Koran. You believe yours is right. They believe theirs is right.

You think yours is right because that is what you believe. They think that theirs is right because that is what they believe. Both religions, all religions really, are based on Faith.

You can call Allah like the devil, they can call Jesus like the devil (even though they have more respect and normally call him a good man or some call him a prophet).

You say that their prayers aren't answer, its the devil answering. They can say the same thing, those that died didn't have their prayers answered, and the ones that did were answered by the devil. They can say that Allah demands sacrifices, thats why they had to do. You say that the just and unjust are both rained on.

You're trying to prove things, based on your personal beliefs. You're trying to prove something that really, can't be proved. That is what Faith is. We have Faith that it's true.

Seriously, pull off the blinders and open your eyes. Anything that you say, can be said the other way around and even if you don't see it or think so.

You say that Christianity is the only religion that had its figurehead come back from the dead. Are you sure? Why, because it says so in a book written by Men? Like you said yourself, someone could say that the sky is yellow, doesn't mean its so. Someone could say that Christ came back from the dead, or someone can say he didn't, can you walk outside and prove it, either way?

I am just putting out there what I believe as a Christian... I am not force feeding it to anyone... you pull out the otherside of it and I stand firm in saying there is only one side.. because that is what I believe.You say that the Bible was written by mere men.... you are right they were until they were anointed by the Holy Spirit to give us the Gospels.. they were Apostles.
    They might very well find the tomb of Jesus but he will not be there.. for he has risen... it is by faith(substance of things hoped for and the evidence of thingsunseen) that I confess this... not because I was an eyewitness to this. How did this happen.. how he accended in to heaven.... he was crucified for our sins... raised to life through Gods power and accended into heaven. You say why does God not just open the heavens and prove all this? I got a little Idea but not fully... Their was a person in the Bible by the name of Thomas.. Doubting Thomas some call him... he walked along side Jeus in those days and witnessed everything.. the miracles... teachings.. everything and yet he did not believe Jesus rose from the dead until he touched the nail scared hands of Jesus... when this happened Jesus made this statement: Blessed are those who believe and yet they have not yet seen me.... I never said anything about crediability of others... I am just attempting to get this side of it out there... it is up to the reader whether to investagate to see if there are truths to what I am writing about... that is it... I never once put any relgion dow.. just saying that one of them has to be wrong... because they are widely different.I do use the Bible as a reference because in my view it is the way, truth, and life.. and is inspired by God himself... some do not believe that I know that but I do believe that. Yes they can quote the Koran in the same way... I encourage them to do that... but at the same time I encourage everone not to fall into the deception of its teachings. I NEVER SAID aLLAH IS LIKE THE dEVIL... I said that.. what I meant was if the muslims or anyone else kills in the name of God... that is not the character of God .. which means it was not motivated from his throne.... the Devil does institute things of that nature though.. he desires to kill, steal and destroy al good. They Could say the same about Jesus.... I would never believe it though.. because I know of his love... just like someone has the joice not to believe what I have said. My goal is not to force anyone to believe anything. My objective is to get the word out... Gods objective is to change the hearts and minds of people. To them yes Allah did... so from your own statement you are distiquishing them as 2 seperate people ... because you say God would never do that and you said to them Allah answered their prayer... I agree that they are not the same also.

Yes my point of reference is the Bible.Yes they believe what they believe and yes I believe what I believe. I do not feel like I have been blinded... but my eyes have been opened. Well ofcourse there can be to sides to every story.. I agree but I believe the side that is in the Bible... which do you believe? Yes Christianity is the only : figurehead" to be raised from the dead... not only by what the Bible teaches or I believe but by their own admission... they never claimed that their Savior was raised from the dead... not that I know of. And no I cannot prove anything... I can only walk it and say it.... it is not my job or your job to prove it... it is Gods job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    You say that the Bible was written by mere men.... you are right they were until they were anointed by the Holy Spirit to give us the Gospels.. they were Apostles

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the other gospels that weren't put in the Bible? Were they not annointed by the Holy Spirit? Who put the Bible together, wasn't it the Roman Empire? Were they annointed by the Holy Spirit? Wait, maybe they were tools of the Devil and left out things that would have 'proven the existence without a doubt' to help create confusion. You are right you believe it, but does you believing something make it so? See, you're going off, because you can't really debate the topic, or what I'm saying, you are going on belief, the same thing they do.

[ QUOTE ]
    Well whoever Allah is is not the same Character that one reads about God in the Bible... It is more of the Devils characteristics

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I NEVER SAID aLLAH IS LIKE THE dEVIL

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure sounds like you're saying that to me.

[ QUOTE ]
    what I meant was if the muslims or anyone else kills in the name of God... that is not the character of God

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that God never led his people into a War?

[ QUOTE ]
    They Could say the same about Jesus.... I would never believe it though.. because I know of his love

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever hear of a Muslim saying that Allah is good? Allah has provided great things for them? I have, and in their belief Allah did it out of a great love.

Again get the point that I'm not saying I believe in Allah, but your arguments are flawed by the way you conduct them. You believe, they believe. You have faith, they have faith.

Your argument is about Doubting Thomas, a person taken from the Bible. I've read Grimms Fairy Tales. They write about people to tell a story too. What's the difference? Oh wait, the difference is the Bible is your chosen belief.

What happened to the other Gospels that were not put into the Bible? I do not know... but good thing I am only held accountable to what we have already. You said I am going off because I cannot debate the subject... I am not.. really... sounds like you are... but anywayI am having a good time.. not debating it.. there is nothing to debate... truth is truth.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I NEVER SAID aLLAH IS LIKE THE dEVIL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure sounds like you're saying that to me.

Quote:

what I meant was if the muslims or anyone else kills in the name of God... that is not the character of God

So you're saying that God never led his people into a War?

Is that not saying the same thing just ina nicer way?

Seems like you do this to try and discredit anything I say... If the Lord be in this it will prevail and if not it will fail.

They were many aGod led Wars... when the enemy tries and take something from Gods people... yes we are to defend it with his power. There are no flaws in what I am saying... just because I was not there.. right... that is crazy... I believe it by faith.. I was not there.Difference between the inspired word of God and Fairy Tales is a big one... believing the truth and living it will get you eternity in heaven... believing Fairy Tales will prove us to be unlearned.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And they do it by faith, thats the point I'm trying to make.

You discredit them for the same things that you do, just different sides. It's like a school downing another school for recruiting transfers, then turning right around and doing the same thing.

Wow so you're basis of not being able to debate, without saying the same thing over and over, is 'nuh uh you are'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast