Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did everyone?

Did everyone?

Did everyone enjoy their Easter? Did anyone go to any revivals? Singings? Church?Learn anything new?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Did everyone?

I learned that Easter has it's roots in celebrating the fertility goddess Ishtar, that Christians should be celebrating Passover rather than Easter.

[ QUOTE ]
    I learned that Easter has it's roots in celebrating the fertility goddess Ishtar, that Christians should be celebrating Passover rather than Easter.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu are right......Christians should do that. Do you think though.... that there is harm in allowing children to hunt easter eggs? It is not about the bunny but about Jesus though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting read here. Prolly have a hard time gettin some of ya past the title..but I found it informative. http://www.2think.org/hii/holiday.shtml
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

[ QUOTE ]
    Interesting read here. Prolly have a hard time gettin some of ya past the title..but I found it informative. http://www.2think.org/hii/holiday.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... I read it and it is true I guess.... Maybe I am using the wrong word... How about Passover... i meant the same thing though... I do not worship a bunny... which is the symbol for fertility. I worship the resurrected Savior.. his name is JESUS. bUT YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH...The devil will always try to mimic anything that God does good... he will give a counnterfeit for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nearly all of our customs we adhere to while celebrating holidays has roots in pagan celebrations...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

[ QUOTE ]
    Nearly all of our customs we adhere to while celebrating holidays has roots in pagan celebrations...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do...that is what I was saying in my last post. If you will notice that every gift like miracles... healing ect... that come from God are performed by God... but some men decieve others with deciet... we have seen it time and time again... preachers getting caught doing things like this. The enemy will have a counterfeit for everything.... we must know the difference though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ever read about the Constantinian influence on the early church, and how much of it was taken from pagan religions and how much is still in practice today in a vast majority of American "churches"?

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever read about the Constantinian influence on the early church, and how much of it was taken from pagan religions and how much is still in practice today in a vast majority of American "churches"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not real familiar with this.. no. Enlighten me on some of the things that are think from this are not Biblical that some Christan churches practice today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Choirs, altars, clergy are all concepts adapted from the pagan temples of the fourth century.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast