Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Should we not....

[/quote] But don't you think it is kind of hard to really get to know someone on here... we cant see each other.. we just right back and forth on the posts? [/quote]

Exactly. Which is why I'm reluctant to express my thoughts on alot of topics. Also, it's near impossible to include nuances, humor, etc. with the written word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are flaws in the bible..it may have been dictated by god originally..but it has been redictated by tyrants and rulers ever since...it has been purged of passages deemed "inappropriate" by earthly kings... Since no one is perfect by your own admission, the bible must have flaws...but they are caused by mankind...
    </div></div>

Exactly what I was trying to say... appreciate it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote] But don't you think it is kind of hard to really get to know someone on here... we cant see each other.. we just right back and forth on the posts? </div></div>

Exactly. Which is why I'm reluctant to express my thoughts on alot of topics. Also, it's near impossible to include nuances, humor, etc. with the written word. [/quote]

Yes it is but I am just being free and at the same time trying to be respectful... just open up... be yourself... over a period of time we will understand each other better.. heck we can even go get a milkshake from Dairy Queen if you want... you can buy [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are flaws in the bible..it may have been dictated by god originally..but it has been redictated by tyrants and rulers ever since...it has been purged of passages deemed "inappropriate" by earthly kings... Since no one is perfect by your own admission, the bible must have flaws...but they are caused by mankind...
    </div></div>
    Do you really think an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing, all-righteous God would allow man to mess up His Word? I don't think so. Man has not preserved God's Word over the ages...God has!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Inactive Member
    Should we not....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agreed, It`s more like the bible was written by the holy spirit. Yes, men put it down on paper but it was basically god speaking through these men.
    I know I may be persecuted for this but I do agree a lot with what Pac-Man has to say on here. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Although coming across as a little hard headed sometimes [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]. I have agreed with Ut1 on every religous discussion I can ever remember.
    Man should work out their own relationship with the lord. Read, study the bible, pray. Don`t let other people mold you into a christian. Am I saying you shouldn`t listen to your pastor or other christians on their opinions on ascripture? NO. I'm saying after hearing their opinion read and study it for yourself.
    I like to read this religous forum. Does somebody asking a ton of questions trying find a loop hole in the scripture going to change my beliefs? Nope. Nobody has a complete knowledge of the bible(until reaching heaven). It can be read by 10 people and be interpreted 10 different ways. BUT like I said earlier each person should work out their own relationship with god.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUT like I said earlier each person should work out their own relationship with god. </div></div>

Smartest thing ever posted on the Religion Forum.

Co-sign and agree whole-heartedly.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are flaws in the bible..it may have been dictated by god originally..but it has been redictated by tyrants and rulers ever since...it has been purged of passages deemed "inappropriate" by earthly kings... Since no one is perfect by your own admission, the bible must have flaws...but they are caused by mankind...
    </div></div>
    Do you really think an all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing, all-righteous God would allow man to mess up His Word? I don't think so. Man has not preserved God's Word over the ages...God has! </div></div>

Yes I see where you are coming from... but not speaking for supe-rbeast but I think he meant that men try to change it and pollute it... and they do.. but you are right God will always remain in control.. every atempt through the years of someone trying to misinterupt his word he sets the record straight... but that does not maean that people will not attempt to do it out of ignorance or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Agreed, It`s more like the bible was written by the holy spirit. Yes, men put it down on paper but it was basically god speaking through these men.
    I know I may be persecuted for this but I do agree a lot with what Pac-Man has to say on here. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Although coming across as a little hard headed sometimes [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]. I have agreed with Ut1 on every religous discussion I can ever remember.
    Man should work out their own relationship with the lord. Read, study the bible, pray. Don`t let other people mold you into a christian. Am I saying you shouldn`t listen to your pastor or other christians on their opinions on ascripture? NO. I'm saying after hearing their opinion read and study it for yourself.
    I like to read this religous forum. Does somebody asking a ton of questions trying find a loop hole in the scripture going to change my beliefs? Nope. Nobody has a complete knowledge of the bible(until reaching heaven). It can be read by 10 people and be interpreted 10 different ways. BUT like I said earlier each person should work out their own relationship with god.

</div></div>

Dude you are the bomb [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img] I agree no one knows everything about God.. we are never going to until we reach the streets of gold. Dude you done messed up now.. you will be tied to a stake...and beaten for saying you agree with me [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]No seriously you are right everyone should have their own personal relationship with god... but discussing is fun also.. I know it helps me.. after being on here for a day I must pray hard [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] No just kidding.. but it does make me search even deeper... so thanks for giving us your wisdom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUT like I said earlier each person should work out their own relationship with god. </div></div>

Smartest thing ever posted on the Religion Forum.

Co-sign and agree whole-heartedly. </div></div>

Come on now I have posted smarter stuff than that.. lol [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God has always spoke his word through men. Whether it be preachers, prophets, disciples, evangelists. His word never changes, he is the same as yesterday, today and tomorrow. God's word will reach all around the world, for he does not want anyone to die lost in their sins. But as with the story in the old testament with the poor man Lazarus and the rich man. There came a day when both passed away from earth and upon death the poor man was in the bosom of Abraham and the rich man in Hades(HELL). The rich man begged for a drop of water, then he called unto Abraham to please goto his house and warn his family(brothers) of this terrible place so they would not die lost and come there. Abraham told him they have the scriptures to read and the prophets to hear, if they will not believe either one of those then how are they going to believe now?
    You see people are led astray because they lean unto their own understanding about everything in life. Why is it so hard to call upon God and ask him to show a man what is right and wrong? God doesn't want any man decieved. No man will stand before God and say they didn't know the truth, cause God says pray unto him and he will open our blinded eyes and deaf ears. God will guide you where you will hear his word and send you where he wants you to be. His word will not just be a bunch of words in a book to read. God will open your heart and you will read his word like never before, this time with spiritual eyes and you will have a better understanding of it. God will teach you and show you what is right. God wants his children to make up a body, his body. God wants his children to gather together because this edifies the church. If there is one who is lost and they are seeking after the real truth no matter what it is, then I would say unto you to please pray unto God, he will hear you.

I was raised in church and knew many bible stories, but until I was in my 20's and God spoke to my heart did I really open my eyes to his word and his ways. Many things I never really was taught as a kid did I understand then. Mostly was the Power of God (The Holy Spirit). I was taught about God and Jesus but not about the holy spirit. I found it interesting how in the days of Jesus' time, many did not believe in the savior but yet they believed in miracles. Today many believe in Jesus as a savior but they don't believe in his power (The Holy Spirit). The Holy Spirit is what teaches man the heart of God.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast