Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know?

Re: Does anyone know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not really focus on Punctuation and all that when I interact on here.. it is not important to do that.</div></div>

Not true. Correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar on here helps you to make your point fully via the written word.

From my time on here, some of the most misunderstood people are the ones that didn't know how to punctuate a sentence or spell correctly. That could be a reason a lot of people misunderstand what you're saying on here a lot of the time. </div></div>

Mr. Cane I am sorry to inform you that I do not agree with your response to my post, however I respect your opinions and will take them into consideration. When I, Pac-Man made the comment that spelling and punctuation were not important, how foolish of me! What I was trying to convey was that sometimes I type really fast and do not catch my mistakes until it is to late. But what should I learn from this? I need to slow down and take into account that I may be mistaken for someone who cannot spell.Do not be discouraged LPD Forum, we all make mistakes. I see mistakes here everyday on posts, but I will not take the liberty to correct them because I can still understand them. No sir Mr. Cane the ones that are the most misunderstood are the ones who fail to explain themselves. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not true. Correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar on here helps you to make your point fully via the written word.

From my time on here, some of the most misunderstood people are the ones that didn't know how to punctuate a sentence or spell correctly. That could be a reason a lot of people misunderstand what you're saying on here a lot of the time. </div></div>

Thank you, Cane. I think that pretty much summed up my argument. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who understands that if you're going to try and communicate, do it right.

And Pac-Man, I am not a negative person. It's just the fact that you give so many people so much ammunition to throw back at you. I mean, being a regligious fanatic is bad enough, but one who can't spell and doesn't emphasize education? Come on now!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No sir Mr. Cane the ones that are the most misunderstood are the ones who fail to explain themselves.</div></div>

No need to be sarcastic in your reply to me Pac--that's very disrespectful when I simply made an observation regarding what I've seen over my time on this board, which is longer than yours though I know you are older than myself. So--MY apologies to you as I shouldn't have made my own observation but instead simply nodded my head and agreed with you anyway to keep you happy. But alas...it isn't my style, and will never be my style.

However, most of the time the poor punctuation/spelling & those that fail to explain themselves the best can and usually do go easily hand in hand w/one another. You can type fast and still type complete sentences, it's not as difficult as some make it out to be. If you or others have to type e-mails for work I'm sure you try to use complete sentences and hit that spell-check button before shooting them out. Otherwise I'm sure there's some co-workers that don't give nearly as much credence to what you say, simply due to your lack of skill at attempting to say it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I was trying to convey was that sometimes I type really fast and do not catch my mistakes until it is to late.</div></div>

That's what the "Preview Reply" button is for. It sure ain't there for looks...try using it sometime.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Cane I was not being disrespectful to you. Am I the only one on here that does this? Thanks for the new info. Boney always causes problems, could you please get on him for a little while? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cane I was not being disrespectful to you. Am I the only one on here that does this? Thanks for the new info. Boney always causes problems, could you please get on him for a little while? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]</div></div>

I disagree. It's blatantly disrespectful when you go over the top with platitudes like "Mr. Cane", and condescending things like "how foolish of me" and the stupid whistle emoticon right at the end. How else was I supposed to take it, exactly? I'm pretty sure I read that right, along with the "screw you" sentiment behind it.

I don't do that to you--I call you out on your mistakes because you put them out there to be called out. Some people can't help that they don't spell very well (see Counts for instance), but everyone can attempt to make a complete sentence and use close to correct punctuation. Your disregard for that and consequent disrespectful response towards me isn't appreciated in the least.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pac-Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cane I was not being disrespectful to you. Am I the only one on here that does this? Thanks for the new info. Boney always causes problems, could you please get on him for a little while? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]</div></div>

I disagree. It's blatantly disrespectful when you go over the top with platitudes like "Mr. Cane", and condescending things like "how foolish of me" and the stupid whistle emoticon right at the end. How else was I supposed to take it, exactly? I'm pretty sure I read that right, along with the "screw you" sentiment behind it.

I don't do that to you--I call you out on your mistakes because you put them out there to be called out. Some people can't help that they don't spell very well (see Counts for instance), but everyone can attempt to make a complete sentence and use close to correct punctuation. Your disregard for that and consequent disrespectful response towards me isn't appreciated in the least. </div></div>

Are you 100% sure that it was disresespectful? Because I already told you that it was not intended to be disrespectful, and I should know because I am the one who wrote it. I never put a "screw you" seteiment... what is that? Boy you stay on my back a lot don't you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh please. Mr. Cane and the general tone was extremely sarcastic.

We're all going to make mistakes. The biggest reason to me that yours stand out is you are polarizing. When you are that way, little things, even simple spelling errors, increase the dislike or disdain.

Instead of a rather sarcastic tone, it would have accomplished a lot more, if you had just said "Ok, sorry I sometimes type to fast and make mistakes". Simple and to the point.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leave me out of this. I prefer to choose my own battles! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh please. Mr. Cane and the general tone was extremely sarcastic.

We're all going to make mistakes. The biggest reason to me that yours stand out is you are polarizing. When you are that way, little things, even simple spelling errors, increase the dislike or disdain.

Instead of a rather sarcastic tone, it would have accomplished a lot more, if you had just said "Ok, sorry I sometimes type to fast and make mistakes". Simple and to the point. </div></div>

I have told Cane that before. He just seems to ride me a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12