Thread: Good article

Good article

© Copyright 2004 Institute for Creation Research. All Rights Reserved.

"Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89)

Just last week I participated in a news conference with other Christian leaders in Southern California, announcing a strategy to overturn a recent "Human Dignity Ordinance" passed by the San Diego City Council, declaring homosexuals to be a special favored class of citizens.

Such ordinances are being proposed and passed all over America; this is not just a California problem, although it grips California as it does few other states. How can this be? How can it be that in America, where individual rights are constitutionally guaranteed to all (including homosexuals), governing bodies could even contemplate granting favored status to a behavior-based group, especially a sexually based behavioral group? Even more, this group is known for its total preoccupation with sexual activity, and a type, which is abhorrent to the majority of Americans. Such favored status can only be granted at the expense of individual rights normally granted to mainstream Americans. This makes sense only when seen as part of a larger, even more insidious plot.

Readers of these pages are quite familiar with the social implications of evolutionary thinking. Now, I am not saying that if one holds to evolution he necessarily supports homosexuality. I am saying, however, that nearly all-homosexual leaders are evolutionists, and when pressed for justification of their homosexual life style and behavior, homosexual leaders almost always refer to evolution.

"We are descended from animals," they say; "we have certain animal desires that must be satisfied. Few animals mate for life. And many times animals of the same sex interact sexually. And didn't all bisexual animals evolve from asexual animals?"

More sophisticated homosexuals would call the homosexual condition a "beneficial mutation." They are "born gay." Others point to certain animal groups, which lessen their reproduction rate when the population fills the ecological niche. "This is a way to fulfill one's sexual needs without overpopulation; this is natural selection in action." The Bible calls such behavior "reprobate," and homosexual justifications such as are normally given must deny the Biblical mindset, which is founded in the creation of all things by a holy God, who created mankind male and female, in His image, with proper function in a marriage relationship.

Here in California, the situation is perhaps more prominent than in most places, and is getting worse. Recently, The Chalkboard, the newsletter of the Gay and Lesbian Educators of Southern California, reported a meeting with Mr. Bill Honig, California State Superintendent of Education. Mr. Honig, well known for his aggressive advocacy of evolution (as well as his aggressive opposition to creation), invited leading homosexual educators into his San Francisco home to discuss ways of better including the teaching of the homosexual agenda in California public school classrooms (Chalkboard, Vol. 11, No. 8, October; 1988). Evolutionary schools provide fertile ground for homosexuality. This bodes ill for California, but as is well known, trends set here are usually soon followed by the rest of the country. Christians must become informed and involved, in order to turn this trend around.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Good article

Just out of curiosity, but what is so important about this article? Is it the part of the Human Dignity Ordinance or the part about evolution? Again, declaring my heterosexuality for the fifth time, who cares about whether somebody is homosexual? If that's who they are and what they do, let them worry about their lives. I, for one, have more pressing issues to worry about. Now, if you can convince me that homosexuals are responsible for high gas prices and the Cubbies lack of pitching, then maybe I'll listen. I apologize in advance for any homophobics that I may have offended. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of curiosity, but what is so important about this article? Is it the part of the Human Dignity Ordinance or the part about evolution? Again, declaring my heterosexuality for the fifth time, who cares about whether somebody is homosexual? If that's who they are and what they do, let them worry about their lives. I, for one, have more pressing issues to worry about. Now, if you can convince me that homosexuals are responsible for high gas prices and the Cubbies lack of pitching, then maybe I'll listen. I apologize in advance for any homophobics that I may have offended. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </div></div>

It is just. well Homosexuality is very prominate today. I just wish to get the word out there that it should not be accepted nor condoned. YOu are right though, it is their choice to be what they desire to be but at the same time I am just spreading awareness about the topic.THE GAS PRICES ARE HIGH BECAUSE OF THE WAR. Why the Cubs are not pitching well beats me?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gas prices are high cuz we have an inept oil man trying to govern our country.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gas prices are high cuz we have an inept oil man trying to govern our country. </div></div>

YOu could be right on that one.