Thread: A post

A post

i WOULD LIEK TO APOLOGIZE for my actions earlier. I was in the wrong in how I dealt with everything. I did not display the character of Jesus Christ.. he is nothing like that at all. I still hold to that Rock, Cane and Elph6 brought a lot of this stuff on. Just read the posts for yourself and you wil see. Rock says I never backed up anything I said. If YOU WIL READ i GIVE SCRIPTURE REFERENCE BEHIND ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT i SAY. If that is not enough then I am sorry, but I believe it to BE. So, again I am sorry for my conduct earlier, the manner in which I lost it. I have not been that upset in 10 years.. so I need to work on that a little. I fell short this time but I believe in the things that I posted or I would have never posted them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: A post

Seriously question dude. Do you bring anything on yourself or are you just always the victim?

I'm all for letting people read for themselves and I think as the poll results show, people have read and are showing you who they think is wrong. Guess what I have no idea who votes for whatever option.

And guess what, Manson believes in the things he says, so does that make them right? You can't say just because you believe it, it makes it right, that is completely narcissistic.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously question dude. Do you bring anything on yourself or are you just always the victim?

I'm all for letting people read for themselves and I think as the poll results show, people have read and are showing you who they think is wrong. Guess what I have no idea who votes for whatever option.

And guess what, Manson believes in the things he says, so does that make them right? You can't say just because you believe it, it makes it right, that is completely narcissistic.

</div></div>

I believe I bring some on my self. But not 85% of it though. YOu accused me of teaching false things right? I do not recall doing that and never would... so why would you say that. I might have said some straight forward things but not false things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PacMan, this may be the nicest post coming your way all day. I will speak for no one other than myself when I say that there is more to religion than biblical scripture. Yes, being a scholar of the Bible is important and I, for one, need to do some more reading. But God is also about the world around us and all the little seemingly insignificant things that we take for granted, that could make us better spiritual people. God is about how we handle our day-to-day turmoils. God is about how we deal with people from different backgrounds and beliefs. God is about what we do and become when things don't go our way or when we are on the top of the world. I quit going to church because of the hypocrisy I saw in some of the members. The people who were deacons and elders on Sunday were some of the lowest, most vile people the rest of the week. I also quit going because I got sick of the guilt trips that people would put on you for "not being Christian enough." I believe I am a good Christian who needs to keep trying to get better. I have only been christened once,as that's all my church does. I am not well-read in the Bible, but I believe I am well-lived in God's world. Finding one's own spiritual way is an individual journey and must be respected as such. This journey is not a competition and your biblical knowledge, in my opinion, doesn't mean that you are necessarily a better Christian than me. Honestly, I don't refer to myself in those terms. Others do. Being seen as a good Christian by others means more than how I see myself. I admire your passion, because I have fought fights like this about Special Olympics in my school system. But, I question the methods that you use to try to encourage and educate. I challenge you to listen more and quote scripture less. The best post you ever had was a scenario where there were any number of things that could have been done to rectify the situation. I love that, because it challenges me to justify why I made a particular statement. The Bible will always be a book with words. The world, and all that is in it, is constantly changing and will continue to change. Making the two compatible is a must. Call it compromise, but that's what I believe. I hope you take these words to heart and learn from them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL He says I brought it on... one of my very first posts (a convo in the "can anyone answer" thread) on here said I was NOT going to get into with him. But he kept on and on and on, antagonizing, begging me to tell me why I believed certain things, etc. and me telling him "no I'm not getting into it with you." He even took it to PMs.
    Eventually he got his wish and now apparently he regrets it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 82abn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PacMan, this may be the nicest post coming your way all day. I will speak for no one other than myself when I say that there is more to religion than biblical scripture. Yes, being a scholar of the Bible is important and I, for one, need to do some more reading. But God is also about the world around us and all the little seemingly insignificant things that we take for granted, that could make us better spiritual people. God is about how we handle our day-to-day turmoils. God is about how we deal with people from different backgrounds and beliefs. God is about what we do and become when things don't go our way or when we are on the top of the world. I quit going to church because of the hypocrisy I saw in some of the members. The people who were deacons and elders on Sunday were some of the lowest, most vile people the rest of the week. I also quit going because I got sick of the guilt trips that people would put on you for "not being Christian enough." I believe I am a good Christian who needs to keep trying to get better. I have only been christened once,as that's all my church does. I am not well-read in the Bible, but I believe I am well-lived in God's world. Finding one's own spiritual way is an individual journey and must be respected as such. This journey is not a competition and your biblical knowledge, in my opinion, doesn't mean that you are necessarily a better Christian than me. Honestly, I don't refer to myself in those terms. Others do. Being seen as a good Christian by others means more than how I see myself. I admire your passion, because I have fought fights like this about Special Olympics in my school system. But, I question the methods that you use to try to encourage and educate. I challenge you to listen more and quote scripture less. The best post you ever had was a scenario where there were any number of things that could have been done to rectify the situation. I love that, because it challenges me to justify why I made a particular statement. The Bible will always be a book with words. The world, and all that is in it, is constantly changing and will continue to change. Making the two compatible is a must. Call it compromise, but that's what I believe. I hope you take these words to heart and learn from them. </div></div>

Great statement. For what it's worth, I fully agree with your view.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't fully agree with that view, but I understand and accept it as such. Respect for another person's convictions is paramount in witnessing to them. I would love to have a sit-down chat with 82abn sometime because I appreciate the way he/she thinks. Intelligent discussion about the Bible will bring out the best in you, and encourage you to really get into the "meat" of God's Word.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What I particularly liked about 82abn's response was his sincerity and humility. Very refreshing in today's time of religiosity.