Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Just gonna throw this out there

Jonathan Alter who wrote the above is soooo far to the left that I have a hard time paying any attention to anything he has to say.

Those to the extreme right or left are better described by "extreme" than by either right or left.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falwell is typical religious hypocrisy at it's best.

Say one thing when convenient to your cause, say another that's the exact opposite when it's convenient to your cause later.

In other words, it's okay to contradict yourself as long as you claim that "God told me to change my mind".

Ridiculous. </div></div>

Please substantiate this. mere conjecture is one thing, but accusation requires some proof. Thganks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He was a strong supporter of Israel but openly anti-Semitic, announcing on many occasions that the anti-Christ would return as a Jew.
    </div></div>

I am trying to figure out how this is an anti-Semitic remark. Thats like saying I am un-American because I don't like Kenny G's music.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The notion that the anti-christ is a Jew is controversial, with some claiming theological background for it and some finding evidence that it's not Biblical at all.

He did say that the anti-christ was alive today and was a Jewish man. I could see how this would upset Jews, as it could trigger Falwell's followers to treat all Jewish males as if they were the one that was the anti-christ.

Spreading this without fact or proof was unnecessary and creates a breeding ground for anti-semitism. When you have a cult-like church following like he does, your followers cling to every word as if it was indeed the gospel.

If it wasn't a problem he wouldn't have apologized for that statement later (note he had a habit of making inflamamtory statements and apologizing for them later).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falwell is typical religious hypocrisy at it's best.

Say one thing when convenient to your cause, say another that's the exact opposite when it's convenient to your cause later.

In other words, it's okay to contradict yourself as long as you claim that "God told me to change my mind".

Ridiculous. </div></div>

Please substantiate this. mere conjecture is one thing, but accusation requires some proof. Thganks.</div></div>

Look at the things he's done throughout his time on earth. His record speaks for itself.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see what your saying (especially if members are his church follow blindly), but to me anti-Semintism is against the Jews as a whole, and not about an individual person, especially the anti-Christ.

I think he is probably right since the anti-christ will reside in the holiest of holies if I am not mistaken. We shall all see when the time comes I guess.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but to me anti-Semintism is against the Jews as a whole, and not about an individual person</div></div>
    True. But Falwell can't point out one specific Jew, leading his followers to suspect all Jews (to them it could be anyone). That's just how I see it.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never really thought about the Anti-Christ being a jew before. The bible says that it will be someone who offers peace, is a lover of his own kind and someone who mocks Jesus Christ. He is a liar, one who denies that Jesus is Christ.
    Jesus is a jew, so maybe that is where that is coming from. Really makes me think about it though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falwell's death is truly a tragedy.

Today, we are all religious zealots. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

Hello, are you saying that Falwell was a relgious zealot? If so, Why?
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure exactly of his hypocrisy because I'm a little ignorant to the news sometimes because I really don't have time for it.

That being said, I find it sick how people are ecstatic over his death. It just makes you look the same as he does, whatever you dislike of him.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast