Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Dutch bishop: Call God ‘Allah’ to ease relations

And, they were also running a church that forbade it's followers for years to even be literate. The church and its various branches still functions as a political entity...so chalking up the misdeeds of Christians to politics is no argument.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would argue that the RCC hampered the spread of true Christianity and stuck their nose into political power grabbing and science. Nearly every action portrayed by anti-Christian web nerds as examples of the horrors of Christtianity are actually examples of the horrors of the RCC having far too much power and influence.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Regardless, their deeds were done in the name of Christianity...Just because it has a different name doesn't excuse it from the conversation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, they were also running a church that forbade it's followers for years to even be literate. The church and its various branches still functions as a political entity...so chalking up the misdeeds of Christians to politics is no argument. </div></div>

There is no comparison to the current political influence of the Vatican to that of the RCC at the time of the inquisition, none at all.

One must separate the actions taken for political gain from those taken to further a belief system. To do otherwise would be missing the truth or attempting to distort it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless, their deeds were done in the name of Christianity...Just because it has a different name doesn't excuse it from the conversation. </div></div>

So, I assume you also believe that all Muslims hold a responsibility for those who flew two planes into the WTC's?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That post didn't just include the Vatican...it incleded all Christian churches. Furthermore, there is no distortion of the truth when actions are taken in the name of god, whether it was to further a belief system of political. Hell, then that excuses any religion that wants to torture, rape and murder....as long as it is for political gain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't blame all Muslims for 911...but by the same token, when folks want to say "God's name is this or that"..that may be true to that person..but it isn't true for others. But according to your argument it was done for political gain so maybe we could just excuse it or something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't blame all Muslims for 911...but by the same token, when folks want to say "God's name is this or that"..that may be true to that person..but it isn't true for others. But according to your argument it was done for political gain so maybe we could just excuse it or something. </div></div>

I think you've confused my argument? We can't and shouldn't excuse those who carried out the actions, but should we blame all Muslims?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That post didn't just include the Vatican...it incleded all Christian churches. Furthermore, there is no distortion of the truth when actions are taken in the name of god, whether it was to further a belief system of political. Hell, then that excuses any religion that wants to torture, rape and murder....as long as it is for political gain. </div></div>

No Christian church today has political power. Political influence yes, but not power.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never said I blamed Christians for anything...but that many of their individual views concerning other religions is highly hypocritical when the past deeds of their religion is held up to the light...and alot of folks don't seem to be able to swallow that bitter pill of truth. Besides, I answered you question with your own argument...and I told you how I feel about 911.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast