Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The End Time

Nature in turmoil, wars, pestilence, earthquakes, rampant sin....

Keep an eye on the sky, He's coming.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The End Time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nature in turmoil, wars, pestilence, earthquakes, rampant sin....

Keep an eye on the sky, He's coming.
    </div></div>

You forgot about the Antichrist being among us:

george bush diablo
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell yeah...forgot bout him...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poor ole Noah had the same problem....
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your now claiming to be Noah? I believe in God, the Bible, Christianity, etc. However, the only person who knows when the end of the world is coming is God. Not you, I, or any other man on this earth knows that. Your interpretation of the Bible could be correct, it could be wrong. There are to many interpretations to count, who really knows who is right? All anyone can do is give their life to the lord and live the best way they can.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where in the world could you come up with the notion that I thought I was Noah? Ever hear of an analogy? Neither do I claim to know the end-time, but I do know that Jesus left us markers and clues.

5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. 8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. 9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. 10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations. 11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. 12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. 13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Great calamities shall befall the Jews
    14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: 15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: 16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. 17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. 19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. 20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Christ foretells the manner of His coming
    24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
    Mark 13:5-27 (KJV)

"Keep an eye on the sky" is an admonition to be vigilant, to keep yourself ready for His coming, which as you say only God knows. If you take what I said as knowing when Christ is coming back, then I suppose you think He knows? He said it Himself:

36 "But no one knows about that day and hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

37 "And as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.

38 "For just as in the days before the deluge they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the very day when Noah entered the ark,

39 Nor did they know until the deluge came and swept them away; so will be the coming of the Son of man.

40 "At that time there will be two men in the field; one will be taken, and one will be left.

41 "Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 "Keep guard then, for you do not know the day on which your Master is coming.

43 "But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have been on his guard, and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

44 "Therefore you also must be ready, for in an hour when you do not expect him, the Son of man is coming.
    Matt 24:36-44 (MontgomeryNT)

You fellas must think I'm a religious nut!

Maybe so, but at least I'm an informed religious nut!
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still waiting for the 700 years of peace. I am spiritual but I just don't try to shove it in everyone's face...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There will be no peace until after the Rapture, in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation period.

I apologize if you think I'm "shoving it in your face". Simply stating my belief as opposed to yours. I thought that was what this religion forum was all about?
    I suppose then by your take, you're trying to shove your spirituality in my face as well? I sure didn't take it that way, as I thought we were having an intelligent discussion. We can agree to disagree, without being disagreeable.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You made an analogy comparing yourself to Noah. I have a hard time taking religion like this seriously, in that sense that it's used as a scare tactic. People should accept God because thats what they choose, not because if they don't there going to Hell. Telling them the world is about to end (when you really have no clue) in effort to scare them is just not preffered imo.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feel like someone broke out a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. I don't see a date, an hour or anything up there. Just stating things referenced in Revelations, and a good tip for all. Things like this are stated in the end times. Now had ut1 said, "Christ is coming back June 20, 2008 at 9:20am EST." then I your point would be a little more valid as far as a scare tactic goes and what not.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast