Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The End Time

Bottom line I just get tired of people saying the end of time is coming. Duh huh, we all know it's comming, people say this acting like it sometime soon when they, I, or anybody really has a clue.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bottom line I just get tired of people saying the end of time is coming. Duh huh, we all know it's comming, people say this acting like it sometime soon when they, I, or anybody really has a clue. </div></div> Actually, according to the tabloids, its going to be 9-11-2008. Don't pinpoint me on the hour, minute, and second, as they didn't include that in the headline.

Its closer to coming true today than when I first posted it. I've heard this all of my five decades on this planet, but does that make the message, the warning, any less urgent? NO! We've been told that it would be like it was in the times of Noah, and one look at the world society will tell you that has come to pass.

And as a Christian, we all have a duty to let the world know that Jesus is coming back. That is not an option, and its not a scare tactic, but rather a "be careful not to miss the bus" piece of advise. If you don't want your friends and family to miss it, then you need to be telling them.
    If it scares you or them, then maybe its a good thing to hear.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The way I look at it is every adult that I know has heard the word of God. If they ask me my opinion I tell them, but I don't really see how it's my place to go around talking about religion 24/7. If they accept, great. If they don't move on. Everyone has heard there is a Jesus and they can choose to accept it or not.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You made an analogy comparing yourself to Noah. I have a hard time taking religion like this seriously, in that sense that it's used as a scare tactic. People should accept God because thats what they choose, not because if they don't there going to Hell. Telling them the world is about to end (when you really have no clue) in effort to scare them is just not preffered imo. </div></div>

At no point did I compare myself to Noah. Mik-mo took a jab at my post in jest, and I'm sure Noah had his words/deeds poked at. And as Stripes said, I didn't give a time/date. My point is that everything points in that direction...something any student of the Bible should recognize as one of the road signs Jesus left us.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again, this is obvious. We have been moving towards the end of time for the last 2000 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I look at it is every adult that I know has heard the word of God. If they ask me my opinion I tell them, but I don't really see how it's my place to go around talking about religion 24/7. If they accept, great. If they don't move on. Everyone has heard there is a Jesus and they can choose to accept it or not. </div></div>
    I don't talk religion 24/7. But this is a religion forum for discussion, is it not? I started the post as a lead-in to discussion, not to be attacked as a (Heaven forbid!) doomsayer!!!
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I knew I should've never responded to this thread. Overall, what you are doing is intended to be a good thing but unfortunatley I think you turn more people off than you do on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not if they're believing Christians who also feel the urgency to spread the gospel. When you have kids come to your VBS classes in the 6th, 7th, 8th grade that have NEVER heard of the lives of David, or Joseph, or Paul, then you know something is terribly wrong with the world around you. By the time kids of my generation were in the 7th grade, most of them could quote scripture from the accounts of these men's lives. Even my kids (twenties) and their friends had a good overall knowledge of the Bible. More and more I see people who don't know the plan of salvation, because more and more Christians take the attitude that its someone else's responsibility to evangelize.
    But in the long run

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a matter of opinion I suppose. Whoever comes to Bible School obviously wants to hear the word of God, if not they wouldn't be there. Teaching the word is great and is needed, especially to children.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I encounter kids in a lot more situations than just Bible School, or AWANA, or Sunday School. They need to know. I'm not an in-your-face, shouting, cross-waving, intimidating witness, but it don't take folks long to figure out what my life is all about when they're around me for any length of time.
    But in the long run