Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How can a Christian

Faith & ideas stemming from that faith as to how to live your life according to faith in a higher power are great things. Religion is too easily corruptible to be effective in helping the world to change.

This isn't a referendum on smaller churches (though there's corruption and power-playing at that level too), it's moreso my reaction to how the big religious establishments have sought to control things, to censor things they don't understand (nor have they tried to understand it), and to seek their own personal gain "for the glory of God". Call me weird--but that's just wrong on any level of organized religion, and it's not what I think God would want.

Faith, beliefs, and ideas of how to live a good life on this earth and to get to a good place in the hereafter is all great. Seek guidance from God and live your life accordingly. But to quote a friend of mine from a different message board: Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers.

Before you get offended, think about what that means.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can a Christian profess to be a Christian, yet vote for candidates who are openly for abortion and gay rights? Are we not to be circumspect in choosing our leaders? And when should our wallet take precedence over our morals? Never! As I've stated on here before, God will not allow this country to continue in it's moral decadence. If He does, Sodom and Gomorrah will cry against us for the same judgment that was poured out on them.

Jeremiah 18 gives us a good idea of what God desires of His people. </div></div>
    Nowhere in the Bible does it make the breaking of one commandment and greater than the breaking of another. Thall shalt not kill may apply to abortion...but Thall shalt not steal, Thall shalt not bear false witness, and Thall shalt not covet are commandments as well...all broken by your morally upstanding GOP...heck, even some GOP members of congress are trying to get laid in the men's room and chasing pages of the same sex....so how really do you justify that? Religion has no place in politics.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me ask everyone here a hypothetical question. Let's say one of your wife/girlfriend was raped and was to become pregnant. Would you then be up for an abortion, or would you raise that child as your own?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm all for abortion rights..not as a "regular" means of birth control tho.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is an individual thing. Whats moral for me isn't moral for you and vice versa. Government shouldn't decide morality issues imo. </div></div>

Murder is not an "indiviadual thing". Abortion is murder, case closed. If you dont want a baby, dont be sleeping around or have it adopted. There are plenty of people out there that would take a child.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Nowhere in the Bible does it make the breaking of one commandment and greater than the breaking of another. Thall shalt not kill may apply to abortion...but Thall shalt not steal, Thall shalt not bear false witness, and Thall shalt not covet are commandments as well...all broken by your morally upstanding GOP...heck, even some GOP members of congress are trying to get laid in the men's room and chasing pages of the same sex....so how really do you justify that? Religion has no place in politics. </div></div>

All those thigns are still illegal.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, if I were a woman and I was raped or knew there was something going to be VERY wrong with my child, I'm sure I'd want to have it....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's illegal to covet? That is the root of all evil, and it's not illegal. Being gay isn't illegal...the only thing I mentioned that is illegal is killing. That's how moral this country is.... stop trying to sugar coat it or insist that morals make a difference..cuz when it come to politics they don't..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok let me point it out again...you said "thou shalt not steal" Im pretty sure thats illegal. "Thou shalt not bear flase witness" Im pretty sure perjury is a crime as well.

My point is, even though some may have done it, its still against the law. We dont just say, "ok thats alright"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And as for covet, it would be kind of hard to police a persons feelings