Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Isn't it crazy how a small group of "radicals" can start a trend convincing over 2.1 billion people of something that, from a different perspective, sounds absolutely ridiculous? Love to see the arguments here... Keep it up folks.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

American was a better place when more of the population was Christian, I think it's kind of hard to deny that. I'm all for everyone practicing their own beliefs, as long as they don't bother me, being a Christian in this country today leads many to look at you like they did blacks 75-100 years ago. We continue to become more seperated, the sooner people realize this the better off we will all be. At some point the people who founded this country will take it back, I personally am in favor of locking down our borders at this point and ending immigration until the war on terror is complete.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    Isn't it crazy how a small group of "radicals" can start a trend convincing over 2.1 billion people of something that, from a different perspective, sounds absolutely ridiculous? Love to see the arguments here... Keep it up folks.
    Did you just rip off Mill Maher?

Inactive Member Crackersneckian's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back burton13 because your brilliant in your own mind. I really don't put much faith in what you called smart men but I'll admit they were book smart. As for this nation being based on christainity, it may not have been entirely but I feel it had alot to do with it. You said it was based on common sense, not stealing, killing and etc., as you know alot of these things comes from the ten commandents in the Bible. I not trying to change your mind cause I can tell you never will and I'ld say your book smart (but no genius). Like I said I don't put much faith in brilliant men, actually can't stand to be around them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    Did you just rip off Mill Maher?
    He may have said something along the same lines. I mean, hell, he did make a movie completely centered around this basis.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what a fucking surprise...new look board, same hypocritical rednecks.......dude makes a read worthy post, gives his opinion and then you all chastise the kid......lmfao

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackersneckian View Post
    Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back burton13 because your brilliant in your own mind. I really don't put much faith in what you called smart men but I'll admit they were book smart. As for this nation being based on christainity, it may not have been entirely but I feel it had alot to do with it. You said it was based on common sense, not stealing, killing and etc., as you know alot of these things comes from the ten commandents in the Bible. I not trying to change your mind cause I can tell you never will and I'ld say your book smart (but no genius). Like I said I don't put much faith in brilliant men, actually can't stand to be around them.

That was just my take on it, not saying I know it all..admitting you don't know is the point of Agnosticism. I don't think it had much to do with Christianity, some though. Not stealing, lying, killing are things I think we are born with knowing or at least know as you get older with or without religion. I honestly think that Adam and Eve and us being started 3,000 years ago is just completely ridiculous. The Bible IMO is just a book of fables and religion itself was created to keep some order here earth. People just cared it on, nothing bad with the concept because it does inspire people to do good. I think there are 3 main reasons people believe in religion or Christianity for that matter. Number one would be life after death, I get that..I myself don't want to believe this is it for us. Number two which goes along with number one, people want to believe they'll be able to see the people they've lost again. And three would be no one wants to feel alone in this pretty horrible world, everyone has low points in their life and don't want to go through it by their self...who would? That's just really the main reasons why I think religion is so important to people, of course there are other reasons. I've been around Christianity my whole life, literally a bible in every room in my house and always have been...That's just the conclusion I've come up with after all this time.

As for better off with more being Christians, I don't think history tells us that exactly. You have the "Crusades", the original base of it - the catholic church, then people came here to escape that evil, the Puritans nipped that in the bud, then you got some guys in white robes not too long ago who made up millions and millions of the Christian population. This dramatic drop off in Christians has happened just over the past 20 or so years...when I was born this percentage was close to 90. Can't blame the muslims because they make up about 0.6 of the population, so really there's not anything that's happened in the past 20 years for people to "lose their faith"...I only see reasons for an increase, but it's the opposite.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    He may have said something along the same lines. I mean, hell, he did make a movie completely centered around this basis.

A simple Yes I ripped Maher off and tried to pass it as my on and ask for arguments against it would have worked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Christians don't bother me, the radical Muslims and other religons do. We as a whole would be much better off if the only religon in this country was Christianity (obviously, that won't happen nor do I want it to, people would take it to the extreme). This country has been harmed far more by non Christians than it has by Christians.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree completely. The muslim faith has extremist, but what religion doesn't? I just listed some good examples of Christian extremist. The harm the Muslims or non-christians have done against us is still fresh in our minds, but i think we do and have done more harm to ourselves then anyone else has. What I'm saying goes back to what you said, dividing. We have divided ourselves more then anyone else has cause us to. We divided ourselves when we came here - Puritans - wanted to kill everything that wasn't soaked in Christianity, that led to major dividing and all of the new religions/churches springing up during that time. The Civil war, the race issue years ago, politics today..we were the catalyst in all of those situations. Nothing wrong with people disagreeing with each other, the world would be pretty boring if we all got along, its human nature..but religion is too touchy of a issue and people take things too far, which leads to wars, violence, hate etc.