Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

" I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own..a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe a human survives the death of his body, although the feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." Albert Einstein

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists"- Albert Einstein
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree completely. The muslim faith has extremist, but what religion doesn't? I just listed some good examples of Christian extremist. The harm the Muslims or non-christians have done against us is still fresh in our minds, but i think we do and have done more harm to ourselves then anyone else has. What I'm saying goes back to what you said, dividing. We have divided ourselves more then anyone else has cause us to. We divided ourselves when we came here - Puritans - wanted to kill everything that wasn't soaked in Christianity, that led to major dividing and all of the new religions/churches springing up during that time. The Civil war, the race issue years ago, politics today..we were the catalyst in all of those situations. Nothing wrong with people disagreeing with each other, the world would be pretty boring if we all got along, its human nature..but religion is too touchy of a issue and people take things too far, which leads to wars, violence, hate etc.
    Not all Muslims are terrorist, but most terrorist are Muslim. I'll take a boring world where religious freaks off all denominations don't blow others up. If you are born here I don't care what you practice as your beliefs (as long as you don't harm others), if your not born here don't let them in, during this time. It would save a lot of problems.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Re: End of Christianity...

R13- ( I am not trying to be nasty or mean) I have read what you have said and I must say that I disagree based on my beliefs. I suppose when the end comes we will both see. I will pray for you in the mean time!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    A simple Yes I ripped Maher off and tried to pass it as my on and ask for arguments against it would have worked.
    Cool man, you get your panties in a bunch about it and I'll sit here and continue on feeling the way I do about this, whether it agrees with Maher or not.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    Cool man, you get your panties in a bunch about it and I'll sit here and continue on feeling the way I do about this, whether it agrees with Maher or not.

No panties on me, If that's your choice for underwear that's all you man. I was just calling you out for ripping off Bill Maher. If its your feelings, you should be able to express them yourself. Not rip someone else's off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's my main problem with Christianity, no one wants to take into consideration that it may just not be true. I know how strongly people believe in God, but no one can say absolutely 100 percent that he exists - though somehow you believe you do, faith yeah I know. Questioning is the most important thing a person should do while they're, but it's blasphemous to do so in Christianity and other religions for that matter. That's the free pass it gets though, the "how dare you question something like Him." Sorry, but if you don't question things you are blind sheep IMO. Opiate for the masses.

One of the best quotes I think people should listen to and take into consideration is one from Buddha.

" Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

I think that's the best way to go about things, esp. something like religion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I see where you are coming from, BUT I know in my heart there is a God and there is nothing and no one that is going to change my mind on that. Obviously there is no one that is going to change your mind though one day I hope they will. I would rather be a blind sheep than to spend an eternity in hell.I do not see myself as a blind sheep, I feel as though that those who do not believe that there is a God and that Jesus died on the cross for all our sins, those people are the blind sheep. I find it amazing that most that do not believe are the very ones that feel threatened by the thought of Christianity or God. I have a cousin that is Atheist and I feel the same about her. I acknowledge our difference in opinions and I accept that we see things very differently.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    No panties on me, If that's your choice for underwear that's all you man. I was just calling you out for ripping off Bill Maher. If its your feelings, you should be able to express them yourself. Not rip someone else's off.
    What, so if I said that in my opinion I believe that unifying a country should begin with commonfolk then I'd be ripping off Count Cavour? Or that I think slavery is immoral I'm simply ripping off John Brown? People can have the same opinion on a subject. Accept it and get over it.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questioning is the most important thing a person should do while they're, but it's blasphemous to do so in Christianity.

No it is not, the churchs I have been to are fine with questions and are more than happy to "try" to answer them that is not to say that there are some practicing Christans (or any other religion) that do not want to think about anything outside there confert zone in Religion, Politics, , sports, farming, ect.

Inactive Member Crackersneckian's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of the best quotes I think people should listen to and take into consideration is one from Buddha.

" Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

I think that's the best way to go about things, esp. something like religion.
    If you believe this then what happens to you after you die? What if a person has no reason or common sense(and there are many of them), are they to believe nothing at all? IMO this sounds like a person lives their life according to whatever life style they desire, whether it be a moral life style, murderer, child molester, and etc.(if it agrees with their own reasoning, then its ok to do it). To me that just don't make no sense at all but your free to believe what you want.