Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: End of Christianity...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    What, so if I said that in my opinion I believe that unifying a country should begin with commonfolk then I'd be ripping off Count Cavour? Or that I think slavery is immoral I'm simply ripping off John Brown? People can have the same opinion on a subject. Accept it and get over it.
    If you pretty much quote them word for word and try to pass it as your own then yeh you would be ripping them off. You got busted. Quit whining get over it. Admit you thought you would be cool and seem witty or something by Ripping the dude off.

Oh yea bucket lips when did I say you cant have the same opinions as others. I didnt call you out for that. I called you out for Ripping maher off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    That's my main problem with Christianity, no one wants to take into consideration that it may just not be true. I know how strongly people believe in God, but no one can say absolutely 100 percent that he exists - though somehow you believe you do, faith yeah I know. Questioning is the most important thing a person should do while they're, but it's blasphemous to do so in Christianity and other religions for that matter. That's the free pass it gets though, the "how dare you question something like Him." Sorry, but if you don't question things you are blind sheep IMO. Opiate for the masses.

One of the best quotes I think people should listen to and take into consideration is one from Buddha.

" Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

I think that's the best way to go about things, esp. something like religion.
    Ole Buddha must not have spent a lot of time in SWVA, SEKY or WVA.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crackersneckian View Post
    If you believe this then what happens to you after you die? What if a person has no reason or common sense(and there are many of them), are they to believe nothing at all? IMO this sounds like a person lives their life according to whatever life style they desire, whether it be a moral life style, murderer, child molester, and etc.(if it agrees with their own reasoning, then its ok to do it). To me that just don't make no sense at all but your free to believe what you want.
    Nothing probably. Like I said, everyone wants to believe that this isn't it for us, I want to believe that..who wouldn't? If a person has no reason or common sense then they'll believe anything, see Scientology members just kidding. But what he meant by that, well what I think he meant by that is that something has to make sense to you for you to believe it - most of the time, if something doesn't..its not true. He said even if he said it, still question it and if it doesn't make sense to you then don't believe it. Where has the Christian God said that? It's always "He said it, He's above you, He's right, He's always right so how dare you question Him". I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make sense to me. People pick and choose what to believe in the Bible, I bet there's plenty that Christians don't believe in...but you won't ever hear it in church. Since Buddha isn't too popular around here, I'll just go with a Jefferson quote that pretty much says the same thing...

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god, because if there be one He must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear. "

People always think they're right when it comes to religion, which makes sense, no one is going to believe in something that they think is wrong...so that's understandable. I can't remember the author and I'm too lazy to look it up...but it went something like "I contend we are both atheist, I just believe in you fewer God then you. When you understand why you don't believe in other peoples God's, you'll understand why I don't believe in yours." It went something like that, but I'm not atheist btw. I just think that hits the nail on the head trying to explain why a person doesn't believe in God to another person. IMO people are afraid to ask questions about the existence of God because they're afraid they might doubt and might realize that what they've believed their whole lives isn't true..and when a person does question usually stops after awhile and chalks it up to "Ahh it's the devil making me doubt". Hard to accept something that big.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SkoalSpitter View Post
    If you pretty much quote them word for word and try to pass it as your own then yeh you would be ripping them off. You got busted. Quit whining get over it. Admit you thought you would be cool and seem witty or something by Ripping the dude off.

Oh yea bucket lips when did I say you cant have the same opinions as others. I didnt call you out for that. I called you out for Ripping maher off.
    I have the same opinion as Maher. I said something close to what he said. Can you show me his quote and where it matches up to what I said? I'm sure you already would have if you could.

How about this one. Everyone is created equal. Oh darn, there I go ripping off Jefferson, who must have ripped it off of Mazzei.

Looks like we've been getting to the point that no matter what is said is "ripping someone off" for quite a while now. <-- Oops, I bet someone has said something relatively close to that before too.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, i dont have any problem with people practicing any kind of religion, i could really care less.

what i care about, is when a religion makes itself affect me. by christian views dictating american policies, it affects me, therefore making me resent christian policies in general.

keep your god outta my country's policies, and i have no problem with anybodys god

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_fan View Post
    I have the same opinion as Maher. I said something close to what he said. Can you show me his quote and where it matches up to what I said? I'm sure you already would have if you could.

How about this one. Everyone is created equal. Oh darn, there I go ripping off Jefferson, who must have ripped it off of Mazzei.

Looks like we've been getting to the point that no matter what is said is "ripping someone off" for quite a while now. <-- Oops, I bet someone has said something relatively close to that before too.

Your still a dipshit that ripped maher off. Go around in circles all you want. Still comes back to that. I didnt say you quoted him word for word just pretty close. Im not gonna scan the web or watch religulous agian to prove your a dipshit. I saw the movie once that was enough. Just admit your an ass and move on. It's cool man.

Inactive Member Crackersneckian's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Burton13;1773676] Since Buddha isn't too popular around here, I'll just go with a Jefferson quote that pretty much says the same thing...

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god, because if there be one He must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear. "

"God who gave us life, gave us liberty. And can the liberities of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis; a conviction in the minds of men that these liberities are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And Jefferson was one of the biggest champions for the separation of church and state, which was the reason why I think it's a good think Christianity is shrinking here. Tyranny of the majority, christians have been and still are the majority and that influences policy like Biggin said. So IMO if it keeps shrinking, which it will continue to do so, we might have some things change for the good here in America.

Inactive Member Crackersneckian's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    well, i dont have any problem with people practicing any kind of religion, i could really care less.

what i care about, is when a religion makes itself affect me. by christian views dictating american policies, it affects me, therefore making me resent christian policies in general.

keep your god outta my country's policies, and i have no problem with anybodys god
    In what specific way does any religion affect you? Your free to be whatever you want and by the way this isn't only your country. It doesn't say United States of Biggin nor United States of Burton13 so the best thing to do is everyone get along with each other here in these United States of America (you know united we stand divided we fall).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The legislation is greatly influenced by Christianity and it's not a good thing.