Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ACLU after Gate City High School

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA MAN View Post
    Funny how non believers get so tore up over a God they claim doesn't exist.

By the way GOD LOVES YOU
    This has nothing to do with your fairy tale book or your 'supreme being'.

This is about having school-sanctioned prayer at school.

By the way, your GOD is nothing but a mind control device.

If you wanna be offensive, I can be just as nasty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man you have some serious issues.
    Go Big Blue!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Quincy View Post
    Man you have some serious issues.
    Why do you say that?

Because I feel its right when a school goes against the constitution and gets reprimanded?

You have serious issues if you can't accept that not every person in this world believes the same way you do.

I should have never replied to this topic, I knew it was gonna be a big mess, because its apparent that some of you have no respect for other people and their religious views and beliefs, you feel that everybody should be required to just do whatever the Christians want.

EDIT--

And yes, I noticed that instead of rebuffing my argument in any way, you just say I have issues. Why not address the issue like a man, instead of just throwing out an inaccurate statement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    So in other words you are easily coerced? I find that hard to believe from you unless you are a totally different person away from your computer.
    Nope, it wouldn't be that easy though is what I'm trying to say. In front of a lot of people, including family, friends and coaches...plus hundreds of strangers. When it's something like this, you risk a lot of ridicule. I'm not saying I wouldn't stand alone, but even as hard-headed when it comes to things like that, it'd be hard.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everyone loses this argument in my book. Just goes to show how divided we really are. Makes me ashamed to even be a part of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Do you believe that the gathering together of people of any religious group is a terrible thing then, or are you referring to actual memberships of denominations and etc?
    The latter.

Coming together to worship is a beautiful thing. It's only when it turns into something proactive under a denominational flag to "save the world at all costs" that it becomes dangerous in my eyes, and it bastardizes the very point of belief/faith in a supreme being--and to me--drives you that much further away from God.

I believe and have faith that God is a great enough being and compassionate enough to speak to me directly through prayer & reflection w/o having to lean on the interpretation of scripture by another human being.

Having a solid, personal relationship with God is infinitely better in my opinion than being a lifetime member of a certain church, especially when your actions don't seem like those of one who is a truly faithful & believing person.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listen. Everyone is entitled to believe how they wish, that is because of "free will". Some of us choose to believe in Christ, others in Muhammad, and some Buddha. Why can't we all just learn to agree that our free will gives us this right as humans?

Organized religion is not where the problem started, but it is everyone's belief that if one doesn't believe the way you do, then they are wrong and damned to an afterlife of nothing but torture, or even worse, one of non-existence.

Do I believe everything was created by a God Who is loving and caring? Yes I do. That just makes me want to tell everyone about Him, not to try and force them into believing. The muslims, Jews and christians have all been doing that for centuries.

Our fore fathers I think were wiser than most of us think about not recognizing a certain belief. Religious persecution was one of the main factors in the settlement of the colonies and they didn't want the persecution to continue. There were just as many religions and atheists then percentage wise and there are now. The only difference is that they were able to realize this and keep each others' freedom to worship how they saw fit. Our problem today is that we all think we have to change the world.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Organized religion is not where the problem started, but it is everyone's belief that if one doesn't believe the way you do, then they are wrong and damned to an afterlife of nothing but torture, or even worse, one of non-existence.
    This is where I have to disagree, because organized religion only empowers the latter part of your above statement and mobilizes that mentality from what I've seen.

Let me add I respectfully disagree here, no forcing what I think on anyone else. Just stating my mind...not trying to change anyone's mind at all.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not arguing the point. I just stated my opinion as others have. I think we all have valid points.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678